Go Bottom Go Bottom

kioti tractor

View my Photos
Ries Halbauer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-04-17          26826

I am looking at purchasing a mid size 30hp diesel 4x4 and I have found that no one can touch the price of the Kioti and as a package. The spec sheets say the Kioti out performs its competitors by HP, PTO hp, rear lift weight, front loader weight etc.. I have shopped the bagin marts/news paper and I have yet to see a Kioti listed as I have seen others. Everything points at the Kioti and I have found that the other dealers think highly of there equipment with the PRICE! Yet the New Albany, IN FORD tractor has TC models reduced because they have been leased to UPS and they have hours on them. Still the price is higher!I would like to hear from all owners of the Kioti tractor - I need honest owner opions.Ries

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

kioti tractor

View my Photos
Ted Kennedy

2001-04-18          26853

Dear Ries, I'm not a Kioti owner, however, I've been an owner and user of small (compact) tractors since 1962 and would like to offer my opinions about the Kioti product. Last summer I had the chance to look over the Kioti line at a country fair, I was favorably impressed by what I saw. IMHO, these are very well made tractors at a very good price. Kioti's are NOT grey market machines and are made with the North American market in mind. I don't think that the price advantage will hold for very long, as with most good things new to American consumers once a following has built up, so go the prices - up. I can liken this situation to Kubota's entry into the U.S. market, their prices were very competitive to begin with and then gradually went up. This happened with Cub Cadet too. As far as the details go, fit, finish, and quality of castings look to be what I'd expect from Asian manufacturers; there are no glaring problems readily visible. Operating one was not much different from th NH's, Deeres, and Cub Cadets I've run with one very negative exception, that being the Kioti backhoe fitted to the machine I tested. For some reason the controls were very touchy, the slightest movements of the sticks caused jerky motion. It had fair power in the farm soil, but I would get tired running it for more than a half hour. The dealer said that this was not typical, so not having another to try I can't buy his argument. I also don't see any great innovation either; just a strong compact tractor with typical features like average hydraulics, typical 3pt hitch, MFWD, non hydro transmission, full lighting, diesel engines, etc. So you can get one at a great price, now ask if you can get service? I think as the dealer network expands and parts become plentiful it will become a very popular machine. You owe it a close look and a test drive. ....

kioti tractor

View my Photos
Ries Halbauer

2001-04-18          26884

Ted,
Thanks for the inside - I agree with you on the market and that is what I was thinking based on the local dealers. The dealers seem to be reputable in the industry and most of them have been selling the Kioti for at least 6 years and that is why the buy is a good one. Mechanically the tractor is sound and I thought I would get outside opinions.
Do you have any recommendations on brands of equipment - i.e. tiller, disc, blades, loaders, plows etc.?
Thanks again - excellant point! ....

kioti tractor

View my Photos
Dave Whanger

2001-04-18          26893

I have owned a Kioti 2554 4x4 tractor the past 3 years. It is a very reliable tractor. I use it for brush hogging, moving dirt and rocks from creek bed bottom, dragging down trees from logging job, and ditching. I own a front loader, box blade, single bottom plow. I had a set of forks made which fasten onto the front loader to handle tree tops and brush. I now have 282 hours on mine, and haven't had any problems with it. I have purchased oil filters, a headlight lens, and have checked with several dealers for parts to see if they are being carried. No problems on obtaining parts. I am very pleased with Kioti, and would buy another one, if I had it to do over again. My brother has a Kioti 19 hp tractor and is very pleased with his also. He was the reason I bought mine.

Dave

kioti tractor

View my Photos
Ted Kennedy

2001-04-19          26910

Dear Ries, I admit to being biased towards Woods products for attachments and accessories for what I feel are good reasons. Woods is an American success story, a family business that has grown and kept pace with the needs of the industry and customers they serve. They have an excellent engineering staff whose friendly manner gains big points when dealing with customers or the public. They also invest heavily in the latest manufacturing engineering processes which translates into a better quality product at a reasonable price. Woods has an iron clad warranty, they'll do what is right to fix a problem or to make the customer happy. On the down side, they need to re-vamp their web site, it doesn't do justice to their product line, especially if you've seen how well their advertising brochures are laid out. To be sure there are many other makers of attachments at lower costs, but I favor Woods and will spend a little more to get a lot more. ....

kioti tractor

View my Photos
diggerdarol

2001-04-19          26932

I have owned a Kioti LB1914 for about a year now. I bought it used with 60 hours on it. I use it for bush hogging loader work and grading and it works fine for me. ....

kioti tractor

View my Photos
dave roy

2001-05-22          28452

I've had a Kioti 3054 for 2 years and love it. Perfect tractor for mowing with a 6 ft bush hog. I broke the shifting fork the first day but it was user error, engaged bushhog at high rpm, duh. I deal with D+J equip in Louisville and they fixed it fast and right. I'd recommend them as a dealer and Kioti as a tractor. ....

kioti tractor

View my Photos
walt lieber

2001-05-22          28455

I have owned A DK35 now for about 2 weeks I have 10 hours on it.I have had a minor problem with a stripped out bolt that holds the loader on,they came and reamed out the hole and fixed it,two hours away,I was impressed.They also told me about a recall on the part where the chains mount to the frame for the 3pt hitch,they had two parts to beef it up and that was brought along also.One more recall was brackets on the loader that were replaced so the bucket doesnt tip back against the frame.I paid a decent price for this tractor,and for what I use it for its perfect.If I was going to use it every day for construction jobs I would go with Kubota simply because everything is alot heavier duty...including the price!The front bucket on the kioti is pretty thin,but Im beefing it up with angle iron now,before anything bends.The things I dont like about the tractor are very minor but Ill tell you anyway.First the 3 pt hitch has turnbuckles and chains for stabelizers ,next the oil dip stick and screen in front of the radiator arent very accessible especially with front loader,you have to pull the panels off.Other than that the tractor has all kinds of power and a nice little 3 cyl eng,shifts nice and the PTO comes on real smooth.I only have 10 hours on it,Ill keep in touch when I add a few more Walt ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login