Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kioti front axle oil gauge pops out

View my Photos
dlabrecque
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-12-19          175843

Have a 2001 Kioti LK 3054 4WD tractor. Lately, the front axle oil level check gauge has popped out. Obviously, I have a pressure buildup in there, but don't know where the vent to the axle internals is. Is it the filler cap? If it is would washing out the cap in solvent fix this problem. This has happened twice now.

Thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-12-19          175851

I agree you have a venting problem, and it could be the filler cap like you suspect. BUT if it's made of plastic, chances are solvent will melt it. I would remove it and inspect it for a vent, then using non solvent cleaner clean it. Brake and especially carb cleaner are a big no no. ....

View my Photos
dlabrecque
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-12-20          175871

Yup, it was the filler cap. Oil & dirt had clogged the vent hole. After giving it a good rising in gas, I blew some air through it and the cap seems to vent just fine. Have some work to do on it today, so we'll see. The cap is actually three parts: the top of the cap (which I retrieved on the other side of the garage after the pressurized air blew it off), a small internal rubber gasket which acts as a vent flap, and the cap body. That little vent hole on the side of the cap is an easy thing to miss!

Is there anything special about putting the oil level gauge back in the porthole it fits in? It looks as if it just press fits in, which is all I did, plus a light tap with a rubber mallet. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login