Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD4100 and 410 loader

View my Photos
J. Smith
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-05-28          4422

I am looking in to purchasing a JD4100 tractor with gear trans.,bar(R1) tires, rear worklight kit, choloride in rear tires, DSCV,and engine coolant heater and trans. heater. I am looking at these attachments: JD410 laoder(53" bucket, pallet forks,hood guard, bucket level indicator,and rear ballast box), JD261 3-point hitch mower,JD550 tiller,JD31B posthole digger with 8" drill,JD413 rotary cutter, Land Pride FS500 broadcast spreader, and either a Land Pride or Woods rear blade. I have 15 acres with woods, lawn, and pasture to maintain and will be landscaping and moving alot of manure from my 4 horses. How wide is the pallet fork carriage and how long are the forks? Also does anybody have a web address for Woods rear blades and other attachments? Comments are appreciated. Thank you.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

JD4100 and 410 loader

View my Photos
Brad

1999-05-28          4432

With all the $$$ this will cost have you thought about a backhoe? I also was going to but a 4100 but when I found out you can't put a backhoe on it I went for a 4200 instead. The bachhoe cost 5500.00 and can be remove or attached in a matter of minutes (I'm not kidding!). With it being so easy to put on or take off I find I use it alot. Take a look before you invest!!! Good luck ....

JD4100 and 410 loader

View my Photos
Tom

1999-05-28          4433

Here are some WEB address:www.woodsonline.comwww.landpride.comboth are excellent sights.Tom ....

JD4100 and 410 loader

View my Photos
Craig

1999-05-28          4440

Whatch out for those bar tires on your lawn! Might I suggest the R4's instead. ....

JD4100 and 410 loader

View my Photos
Tom

1999-05-29          4472

J. I really need to concur with what Brad said. With all the extra money you are lookingat in implments take some of it and spend it on a heavier tractor. You won't ever regret having extra horsepower and several compacts are as or more muneverable than the 4100. If your concerned about the extra weight on the lawn look at the KubotaB2710. Seven more horsepower, you can get the back hoe and not that muchmore expensive. Speaking of the lawn you mentioned I might rethink on theR1 tires unless you have a lot of muck to work in or really don't care if yourip up the grass. Good luck, ....

JD4100 and 410 loader

View my Photos
TLute

1999-07-09          5849

Would you mind sharing with me any info on the pallet forks for the 410 loader? The ones they offered at the JD dealer here were too large in my opinion for the 4100. Is there something they're not showing me? I would love to have the 4100, but the absence of a lighter weight fork in a real deal breaker to me.Thanks! ....

JD4100 and 410 loader

View my Photos
Gary Sigk

1999-07-09          5850

I have a L245DT kubota 450 hours on it. Let me know what it is worth to you. It is in mint condition. It has never been out over night. ....

JD4100 and 410 loader

View my Photos
Jack in IL

1999-07-09          5851

I don't think Deere offers any smaller fork. As to lift capacity, remember that it is specified based on raising the rated weight to the full height the loader can attain and assumes the rear of the tractor is properly ballested as well. With forks, the center of gravity of the load could be much further forward than with a loaded bucket. Therefore, the stability would be reduced significantly in comparison, especially if the tractor is not on an absolutely level hard surface. In part, this explains why the fork load rating would be lower than the bucket load rating for ANY loader system. Think about how much you really need to lift and how high. If your requirements do exceed the rated capacity of the 4100 and 410 loader, then consider a 4200 or larger tractor with matching larger loader. Whatever route you take, please be Very Cautious and don't try to push the limits. The Laws of Physics can't be repealed just to satisfy the whims of individuals. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login