Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD 332 16 Hp Diesel

View my Photos
kelly watson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-08-27          19172

I have the opportunity to purchase this model JD332 with a 46 inch mower, 42 inch hyd. tiller, and 49 inch snow thrower. the tractor has only 595 hours on it and it looks like it is in very good shape. i have approx 2 acres to mow and to do a lot of roto tilling too. i would like to know if this tractor would be large enough to handle the work load also if the diesel engine in this model is of good quality or not? has this model any problems? thank you for the responses.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

JD 332 16 Hp Diesel

View my Photos
Larry in MI.

2000-08-27          19174

Hi Kelly, I'm not certain what a 332 is but I suspect it is a lot like a 318 with a diesel engine. I used to have a 318 with the tiller and front blade. It was a great tractor. Never had any problems with it. I had the 50" deck and it took about 1.5 hours to mow 1.25 acres. I also tilled two gardens. One is 60 X 40 and the other is 30 X 25. It did a great job tilling. I found a link to a place with some prices for the components that you are thinking about buying. The reason I sold my 318 was to upgrade to a 4100. ....

Link:   

Click Here

JD 332 16 Hp Diesel

View my Photos
Duane Volk

2000-09-01          19367

I have a 332 and believe it is a 18 Hp. It is based on the 318 chassis/frame. The lower series tractors below the 318 have different frames but are all hydrostats. I also have the same amount of hours on my 332. The primary use of my 332 is for blowing snow in North Dakota. The machine is a 1985. Has never been necessary to preform any other maintenance other than for routine service.
Also have a 318. The difference in the amount of fuel each of these machines use is incredible. The 318 will go through 10 gallons per day. The 332 can run two days and still has 1 gallon in the tank. Paid $5,500.00 4 years ago for the 332. There is a gas version of the 332 model around but I'm not certian of the model number. JD found that the customer didn't like the diesel exhaust at startup in the garage. So they converted the 332 Yanmar engine to a fuel injected gas engine. I highly recommend this tractor as a lawn and garden tractor. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login