Go Bottom Go Bottom

Lift Arm on JD 4600 3pt Hitch

View my Photos
Dave Hayes
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-08-18          18941

After running my rotary cutter (MX-5) for approximately 1/2 hour, the right lift arm (the adjustable one) somehow adjusted itself down so that the right side of the cutter was dragging on the ground. This is not the first time that this has happened. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? Any suggestions on how to keep it locked in place other than buying a fixed lift arm? Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Steve in Buffalo NY

2000-08-18          18942

At least on my tractor my right link is adjustable for height and I believe that is common. Mine is a turnbuckle type device that had a LOCK NUT on top that must be snugged up after adjustment. I seen fancier screw adjusts and such and I don't know if they move but mine will move quite a bit if I don't snug up the nut. ....

View my Photos
Doug Huebner

2000-08-18          18944

If the arm is like that on a 4300 all you have to do is lift the "wing" up and give it a half turn and set it down. The pins in the shaft fit inside the wings and the notch at the bottom of the wing lines up with the bumbs at the top of the lower part of the shaft. Hard as heck to describe, especially without using your hands, but easy to do. ....

View my Photos
dsg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2000-08-18          18963

I have a JD 4700, Same as Doug said, thats how you do it. FFFeewwww, Good thing I didn't have to explain it. David ....

View my Photos
Tannenwald

2000-09-10          19672

The right side of the rototiller on our JD4300 is hanging lower than the left. A tractor neophyte, I am afraid I do not know how to adjust this. What is the "wing", exactly? I don't see any animal on this hitch that can be rotated "half a turn." Thanks in advance for a followup! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login