Go Bottom Go Bottom

4115 transmission problems and mid mount mower

View my Photos
keegan1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-10-13          166310

John deere 4115 - going on 5th gear box in 4 years for midmount mover, also told that transmission for pto is bad.
also two hydr lines wore out. This tactor is like new primary use mowing, 360 hours. It time John Deere stand by product.

Anyone know anything about bad transmissions and or 60" mm mower problems.

thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
hardwood

2009-10-13          166319

Keegan;
Yes, that is far above a normal wear pattern for any part of a tractor or mower.
Is something mis aligned putting an abnormal strain on the gearbox, is the lubricant in the gearbox full and of the proper type?
How have the hydraulic lines wore out? from rubbing on something, being pinched, vibration cracks?
Whar does the dealer say? Give us more specific info, maybe we can help. ....

View my Photos
keegan1

2009-10-13          166320

Thanks for replying,

Couple of answers. Hydro line, dealer cracked at coupling just to left and behind throttle lever). JD dealer response wear and tear, its a tractor (330 hrs), things break.

I have questioned failure as a sympton of something else. I have asked for a new mower, no response. JD dealer has replaced 4 previous gear boxes at no charge. Two years ago they replaced the gearbox, mowed 10 min. broke. The service truck did not even get back to shop, 15 min away. They came back and put a new one on last one year. Replaced following year. However, as you have stated, the gear box failure appears to be a symptom and not the problem. It is in the shop, stay tuned. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login