Go Bottom Go Bottom

3 pt log spitter

View my Photos
kiliancorp
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-01-05          138496

how can you plumb the hyd from a 2210 jd to a log splitter and will this tractor run it

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

3 pt log spitter

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-01-06          138499

Killiancorp; I'm not real fimilliar with the hydraulics of the 2210, so I won't comment much on that part. First off does your log splitter have it's own hydraulic valves or does it use the valves on the tractor? Do you know the Gallons per minute and PSI requiements of the splitter. Some of the smaller compacts don't have the flow in GPM nor the pressure (PSI) required for a splitter. There are PTO pump units for some splittere that eliminate the need of the tractors hydraulic system. I think your safest route would be to take the info about your splitter to a Deere dealer and find out what you need, a power beyond may be required for your tractor, etc. Othere here likely have some better info for you also, we'll do the best we can to help you out. Frank. ....

3 pt log spitter

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-01-06          138501

I believe you can get a power beyond for it. However as Frank said the GPM is not gonna be there or the PSI that whould make a splitter reasonably efficient.

The PSI and GMP on the 2210 the splitter cycle time would be slower than pond water. You would also have to have fairly straight grained wood, no narly stuff.

If you just have a little wood to split you would be fine with the speed and limited capabilities.

Harvey ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login