Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD Satisfaction Survey

View my Photos
Brad H
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-01-26          12237

Does Deere ever respond to a customer who has voiced dissatisfaction with their purchase? I completed the survey over a month ago and heard nothing.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

JD Satisfaction Survey

View my Photos
Larry in MI.

2000-01-26          12239

I strongly suspect that if you do get a response it will be automated unless it comes from your dealer. Heck, I paid off my interest free loan over a month ago and still have not heard from them. I know it is financial stupidity to pay off an interest free loan early but I REALLY hate making payments. In defense of J.D., I suspect that the other companies are not any better at responding. ....

JD Satisfaction Survey

View my Photos
Don in Oregon

2000-01-27          12249

Brad, You're just going to have to take my word on this one. Your survey is the absolute best way to let Deere know what you like and dislike about the product, dealer, and anything else you can think of that pertains to your machine. I have personally met the people whose jobs are nothing else other than reading these surveys, noting problems, or suggestions, and making sure they are sent to the proper departments, right down to the factory engineers if need be. And yes, many times customers are contacted directly by Deere in response to survey comments. Many of the standard features and options you enjoy on your machine today are the direct result of customer driven ideas expressed in the surveys. You could make 1000 phone calls and not get the results that the survey will generate. I realize that most people are bombarded with all kinds of surveys, but this one is worth sending in. I offer a new hat to my customers who complete theirs. Deere always sends a copy back to the dealer, unless the customer asks them not to. They also get a little upset with a dealer when no survey is sent back at all. (one more reason to offer a new hat)
Happy surveying!
Don, J.D. Dlr. ....

JD Satisfaction Survey

View my Photos
Terry

2000-01-27          12253

Don how do go about sending a survey to Deere, I am very interested in send one in. Thanks Terry! ....

JD Satisfaction Survey

View my Photos
Larry in MI.

2000-01-27          12279

Don, that was a nice answer. But back to the original question, do they ever respond to the customer that submits a negative survey???????????? Not trying to be difficult but I suspect my original response was correct. ....

JD Satisfaction Survey

View my Photos
Don in Oregon

2000-01-28          12288

Larry, as I said in my original post, "Yes, many times customers are contacted by Deere in response to survey comments". This contact is usually made by the selling dealers' Territory Aftermarket Manager. The selling dealer is also usually included in these meetings.
Terry, Deere usually waits about six to eight months after you buy your tractor to send out a survey. They want to make sure you've had time to put some hours on the machine before they ask you about it. Brad, it usually is about 60 days from the time you submit your survey until it is returned to the selling dealer. At this time, the dealer should contact you if there is a problem. Don. ....

JD Satisfaction Survey

View my Photos
Larry in MI.

2000-01-29          12342

Don, I hate to be a pain but you still have not answered the question directly. Does JD respond to customers that have sent a NEGATIVE response to a survey?? Your answers have implied that JD does respond to such surveys and an inference could logically be made, but you have not yet made a direct statement about JD's willingness to respond to a NEGATIVE customer survey. If JD does respond to NEGATIVE customer surveys then simply state that. ....

JD Satisfaction Survey

View my Photos
Don in Oregon

2000-01-29          12343

OK Larry, I have personally seen J.D. respond to customers who have submitted a negative survey. I can't be any more direct than that. I don't directly represent Deere and Company, nor can I predict what actions they will take. I just sell their product. I'm not trying to jerk anyone around here, I'm simply trying to provide the best answers I can to people on this board based on my own experience. Don. ....

JD Satisfaction Survey

View my Photos
Larry in MI.

2000-01-30          12345

Hi Don, thanks for the answer. Sorry if I ruffled your feathers, sometimes I am a bit too detail oriented. By the way, I did get my payoff notice on the 4100 yesterday. ....

JD Satisfaction Survey

View my Photos
Brent Lowe

2000-01-30          12368

Deere does support their product and take care of their customers. I am speaking from experience. In December of 1998, I purchased a 4300 MFWD, Collar shift transmission, and a 430 loader. We were hit with a blizzard in January and I was having a ball plowing my driveway, which is several hundred feet long and has a tendancy to drift over and fill in with snow. I was bragging at work about my "unstoppable" compact tractor. We had so much snow I was piling it up with the loader. I was cleaning up a few inches of fresh snow a week or so later when my tractor popped out of gear while pushing some snow in reverse with the rear blade. I tried every gear and all three ranges and no luck, the tractor would not move. Needless to say I was in shock. I called my dealer and he picked up the tractor that same day. The problem was a snapring which was not seated allowing a gear to slide out of position. Within a week the tractor was fixed and returned. I was mortified that my brand new tractor with approximately 9 hours on it had been split in half. Spring came and it was time to use the PTO. I hooked up a borrowed post hole auger and proceeded to pop my first hole in the ground without using a shovel. I was about 12 inches into the ground when I noticed hydraulic fluid shooting out of the back of my tractor. I shut it off and jumped off to take a look. A freeze plug next to the PTO had blown out and some roller bearings and pieces of what used to be a plastic cage were laying on my lawn along with a few gallons of hydraulic fluid. I walked to the house and phoned the dealer. I was not happy. I proceeded to tell him what happened and demanded either a refund or a brand new tractor. Obviously, this one was built on a bad day as this was my second major failure in under 20 hours of operation. The dealer said that JD had what was called a JD Promise and would take the tractor back and give me a brand new one. I was skeptical, but was pleasantly surprised when I received a brand new tractor three days later. As for the Satisfaction Survey, I filled out a rather scathing survey about initial quality but was never personally contacted by Deere. I still have one problem that the dealer has not been able to fix on my new tractor. It occasionally grinds when you shift from neutral into (any) gear. According to the dealer Deere is aware of this problem and is working on a fix. Don, is this true? Any more info you can offer such as when the fix will be available? The initial quality problems tainted my whole experience. However, if I could get the transmission fixed I would be very happy with my tractor. ....

JD Satisfaction Survey

View my Photos
Don in Oregon

2000-01-30          12369

Hi Brent. This is why I enjoy this board. I can get more info from owners here in a day than I could gather in months by myself. I am in Eastern Oregon and we never even stocked compacts until 1997. Until then we were strictly ag minded. This is no longer the case, and you couldn't pay us to stop selling them now, and we're very proud of the job we've done getting everyone in the dealership to "think compact". I personally enjoy selling them very much. That's why I can participate in this forum in my free time and not mind that it's work related. I've always been aware of the JD Promise but must admit in my ten years selling JD, this is the first time I've heard of it happening. I am aware of a fix for your collar shift but don't know if it's out yet. I'll check some bulletins and post if I see anything about it. We've sold the synch-reverser almost exclusively in the 4300, 4400. (plus hydros) We've only sold one 4200 collar shift. the rest were hydro. So, if there is a PIP on the one collar shift we have sold, I should be able to find out the details. Don ....

JD Satisfaction Survey

View my Photos
Brad H

2000-01-31          12379

It would be nice to get at least a call from the local dealer. I haven't heard from them since the salesman left. My tractor has been a total lemon !!!!! A few problems were resolved but many remain. I thought I was buying quality when I bought a Deere but I was very dissapointed. They did a real sales job on me convincing me that Deere was the best - what a crock! ....

JD Satisfaction Survey

View my Photos
john

2000-01-31          12385

I took the time and filled out there survey, expressing my likes and dislikes w/ my jd4400 purchase, mainly the small tire size for my application (ground clearance with post hole digger). I was contacted about 60days later with an offer to upgrade for just the difference in cost to the next size up. I took them up on the offer and have been very happy.
I would and will buy green in the future because of this. ....

JD Satisfaction Survey

View my Photos
Brent Lowe

2000-01-31          12402

Hello Don. Thank you for replying to my post. I am very happy to see that a JD dealer is participating in these discussions and helping customers by answering questions. I wanted to give you more details on my transmission issue so that you can determine if the fix you are aware of will help me. As I mentioned previously, I experience grinding when shifting from neutral into gear. There is never any grinding if I'm going from forward to reverse or to a higher or lower gear. It only occurs when I park the tractor (in neutral, park brake set) for a few minutes to hook up an implement or something and then try to go from neutral back into any gear. It doesn't matter if I'm at low idle and have had the clutch in for 15 or 20 seconds, it will still grind. This does not happen every time, but probably at least 60 percent of the time. It seems to be even worse if I park on an incline and then try to go from neutral into gear. Once I could not get it into gear no matter how low the idle or how long I held in the clutch, until I let it roll down onto level ground, then I was able to get it into gear (without grinding badly). I talked to the service department at the local dealer where I purchased the tractor. The service man said that it was a problem with the snubber brake in the wet clutch not being powerful enough to stop the transmission rotation. He said that Deere was working on a fix but none was available yet. Is this the issue you are aware of? Thanks again for your help. I am very appreciative of any light you can shed on my problem. ....

JD Satisfaction Survey

View my Photos
Mark A. Holt

2000-02-01          12411

Don this message is directed to you but open to all. You mentioned about the collar shift that there is a problem with it and JD is correcting with some sort of fix. I do not remember if the 4600 has that mechanism for shifting (I do not think so) but has there been problems with the power reverser shift?

Mark ....

JD Satisfaction Survey

View my Photos
Don in Oregon

2000-02-01          12435

Mark, I'd have to check with our service mgr. to be sure, but I can't think of any problems with the P/R trans. We order it in every model it's available in. True big tractor technology in this trans. I've not had one complaint. Don. ....

JD Satisfaction Survey

View my Photos
Don in Oregon

2000-02-02          12467

Brent. Drop me an email, I may have some helpfull info for you. Don ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login