Go Bottom Go Bottom

5420 cab radio

View my Photos
patladner
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-11-10          119205

I bought my tractor with very low hours but the radio antenna was broken off. So, I bought the complete antenna with the cable, antenna and mount with hardware. However, the existing cable was okay. Either the existing cable was routed wrong or I am missing something because I could not get the cable screwed onto the antenna. It just didn't seem long enough and I could not get my hands in there to get it started. Help! I'm sure that I am probably doing is backasswards.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

5420 cab radio

View my Photos
Deereman

2005-11-22          119688

Pat,

I had a similar problem with my antenna on the 5420. After draging on numerous low limbs, I herd this funny noise one day and the antenna was lying limp, but still attached to the cable. I took the cab air intake guard off, and peered around inside the open cavity.....the antenna mount came off. Looking inside the cavity I found the antenna mount fastener(I thought to myself....If it fell any deeper in that cavity, I would never have seen it) Anyways, I fished it out, and barley had room to re-install it(It un-screewed itself) and tighten it up the best I could. Since then, I run without the antenna most the time, and still get good reception. HTH. ....

5420 cab radio

View my Photos
patladner

2005-11-22          119692

Thanks for the reply. I also run without it hooked up but it just bugs me that I cannot get the thing screwed on. I'm wondering if there is a way to reroute the cable to give it more length? I guess I could always have a longer one made. I live in Alaska but my farm is in Pass Christian, MS and everything was destroyed except my new metal building. So, when I go down there there is more to do than I have time to do it and this is just an aggravation.

Thanks ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login