Go Bottom Go Bottom

430 loader hydrolic problem

View my Photos
Currinson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-04-04          109406

I noticed when I try to dump the bucket it hesitates and operates very slow. Today I removed the bucket and the left hydrolic arm barely moves when I try to dump, the right hand side wooks great. What would cause one side to be so slow?? Ans what is the best way to troubleshoot this. The tractor is a 43oo with 200 hrs on it

Thakns for your help

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-04-04          109414

They are both on the same circuit so the closest one to the Y would work first. ....

View my Photos
Currinson

2005-04-04          109417

Ok I will check to see which side the y is on, It just seems like the left side is not moving, it would take about 5 secons for a full evolution, the right side can complete it in 2 1/2 seconds, and this is with no weight on it, the bucket is removed. Any suggestions?

Thank you ....

View my Photos
denwood

2005-04-04          109422

That is just JD's cheesy engineering that has the two sides connected with a tiny round shaft and a little pin, rather than a sturdy quick attach plate. Mine does the same thing and it always seems if there were to be too much resistance, the tiny pin would shear and leave both sides independant of each other, making re-attaching the bucket hard since the 2 sides won't be in the same position. They are on the same circuit, but which ever one has less resistance will move first. With no outside influence, the one on the right moves first. ....

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-04-05          109435

On the JD you have a 2 position dump circuit. If you move it just a little to the right it dumps slow, if you move it to the extreme right it dumps fast.

It is the inbetween where you get your hesitation. ....

View my Photos
mudder

2005-07-11          113325

Both my old 4300 & new 4310 hadhave the 430 loader. They both has a dumping problem. When moving the lever fully to the RHS dumping action occurs, then instantly stop while maintaining the lever fully. I now have 2 choice; (actually 3 if you count getting PO at the thing)1)either maintain then expecting it to resume after 5- 10 seconds 2) or release the lever, thus repush it again fully to the Right. Per my dealer & posted on the JD web site, JD designed it this way (what a crook) to relief pressure build up. This stopping action does not alway occur, but when it does I've not nothing nice to say. I have tried different engine RPMs & weigh loads to see if I could detect a pattern - nothing. When I get into a routine of scooping, shorttravel, then dump, I expect it to simply do as I command. Guess I live with it. Mudder ....

View my Photos
denwood

2005-07-12          113347

Mine does this sometimes and I guess I just thought it was gravity dumping quicker than than the hydraulic fluid could keep up with filling the dump cylinder. When the vaccuum was filled, the fluid would then continue to push in the dump direction. It always happens to me after the weight has left the bucket, hence my thoughts on it. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login