Go Bottom Go Bottom

Tool Box on 2210

View my Photos
jd2210
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-02-03          105437

I have been thinking for a while on where I might locate a small tool box to carry lynch pins, pliars, gloves, hammer, etc., and was wondering if anyone has mounted something on their machine, which still permits full hook up of the 3-point, FEL and mower deck? I would like to hear all ideas before fabrication, which I enjoy in my spare time anyway.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Tool Box on 2210

View my Photos
jtfirth
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-02-03          105446

JD2210, it's hard to tell from your picture (#1) if there's enough room behind the seat to locate a small toolbox. My NH TZ24 came equipped with one big enough to handle everything you mentioned and its removable. There are pictures on the New Holland website (Sub Compacts) that show this feature. ....

Tool Box on 2210

View my Photos
yooperpete

2005-02-03          105449

My tractor also has a small toolbox behind the seat. I'm in the process of making a large one to hold pliers, screwdrivers, adjustable wrenches and a hammer along with misc. pins. I'm starting with an ammo box which offers dry storage and being a polymer it won't rust. I've gotten the box out of Cabela's. ....

Tool Box on 2210

View my Photos
jd2210

2005-02-03          105450

I have seen the one on NH and Kubota, but the 2210 allows the top link to come too high up (there might be enough rooom, but question it), so I have been thinking from the ROPs forward on one side, unless I can get a small enough tool kit behind the seat. ....

Tool Box on 2210

View my Photos
psimonson

2005-02-03          105454

I made 2 small open containers for my 2210 that fit between the seat and the ROPS and are attached with a couple of the ROPS mounting bolts. (The material is .040 aluminum so it doesn’t affect the grip length of the bolts or in any way weaken the ROPS mount.) If you look at my picture 14 you can see the mill finish aluminum boxes although it is too far away to see any detail.

They aren’t very big, about 4” side to side, 5” front to rear and 7” deep. The small size is necessary to clear the stock seat and backhoe seat but they easily hold small things such as spare pins, hand tools, gloves, pruning shears, etc. They regularly hold most of my mail and a rolled up newspaper during bad weather trips to the mailbox too. During the winter they’re inside the cab but for summer use, and an occasional wash job, there are a few small drain holes in the bottom.

Tool Box on 2210

View my Photos
JDFANATIC

2005-02-04          105480

psimonson,

That homemade backhoe in your pics looks nothing at all homemade. Great job!

Cheers
JDFANATIC
JD2210 ....

Tool Box on 2210

View my Photos
jd2210

2005-02-04          105483

I knew if anyone did it you would have it, considering all the nice work you already have on that machine. I will begin on something this weekend. Although unrelated, I will get some photos posted of my modified front hitch which allows me to push snow higher. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login