Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD 2210

View my Photos
saserby
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-05-11          110940

Looking at a slightly used JD 2210. I think it's a 2003 model. The dealer here in Illinois wants $11500. The machine is like new, with 55 hours, FEL and 62" MMM. Can anyone tell me if this is a fair price? Also, anyone have any testimonials on this machine. It looks tough, but it isn't real big. I just built a house, and have plenty of landscaping to do. Can this machine handle moving trees and rocks around? Keeping in mind my main job is mowing about 2-1/2 acres.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

JD 2210

View my Photos
bmeyer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-05-11          110968

I bought one a year ago and paid $10,879 for 2210 w/FEL. I did not get the mower so you'll need to add that to the pricing you got.

I'm very pleased as I use it on my 5 acres. I move reasonable sized rocks and just bought a 52" Woods tiller. I also have a box blade and snowblower for it. It does everything I need it to do.

I'd buy it all over again. ....

JD 2210

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-05-12          110988

Never heard a bad word about them, but wanted to point out that all the other sub-compacts, the 3-point is "limited". By looses definition, this refers to the limited lift ditance on the 3-pt due to the rather short arms. There are plenty of manufacturers making implements to fit the sub-compacts now, so they are plentifull, but you can not always use a standard Cat-1 implement. For instance, a standard box blade moldboard is 17" high, which would be too high for the limited hitch to lift off the ground enough to travel. You would need a 12" moldboard for the tractor to handle it comfortably.

Things to consider. ....

JD 2210

View my Photos
saserby

2005-05-12          110990

Thanks Guys. It is a nice machine. Good point about the hitch arms. ....

JD 2210

View my Photos
jd2210

2005-05-13          111012

I think the price is OK, but the promo plans today are tough to beat 36-months, 0%, so you have to factor in the difference in finance charges, assuming you might need to borrow some dollars for the purchase. As for the machine, well I just got rid of my 2210 and purchased a brand new one and it arrives today. Absolutely no issues with my former machine and needless to say, I think they are wonderful machines. I personally think the 2210 is one of the best bangs for the money within the JD line. ....

JD 2210

View my Photos
ScooterMagee

2005-05-13          111022

Last year I approached my dealer about trading in my 2210 w/ 100 hrs + FEL + 62MMM on a 4110 or 4115. I was offered $10,000 for the trade valve. Ultimately, I kept my 2210, just couldn’t justify the differential of $6200 or $8200 to trade-up. ....

JD 2210

View my Photos
JDFANATIC

2005-05-13          111036

saserby,

From the limited info you've provided, the 2210 should work out. The pricing is OK--not great--not terrible. Part of that is that the used/resale market for the 2210 has yet to be established.

Cheers

JDFANATIC ....

JD 2210

View my Photos
bigpete

2005-05-15          111076

The model sounds like a perfect match for you. The 3-point hitch limitation statement on the 2210 is pretty much a disclaimer. The arms are just as long as it big brothers in the small frame 4X1X class, and the width of spread accommodates almost any standrd 3-point implements. No need to buy sub-compact stuff, except possibly a PHD. I ran a standard 48" boxblade, Befco broadcaster, 25 gallon sprayer, Turfco aerator, a 6-foot scraper blade--all with standard Category 1 pin placements with no problems. It's just a little shorter (height) with a limted lift height compared to the bigger tractors. You will want to have the dealer toss in some form of rear ballast such as a ballast box, or better yet, a 48" box blade. Can't really comment on the price, but it is a very capable landscaper and a great mower. See pic for loader capability testamonial: ....

Picture Link
John Deere Tractors JD 2210

JD 2210

View my Photos
sawdin

2005-05-21          111345

I bought a 2210 last fall with the 210 loader, the new 62" deck, grill guard, bucket level, bucket hooks and weight box. It only has 18 hours on it. The mowere has never been used. It has been garaged the whole time that I have owned it. I am getting a divorce and have already sold my truck, horse trailer, horse, and farm. Guess what else I need to sell! I live in Maine. The cheapest you can get a new one for around here is $14,020 (+ $700 tax). Any suggestions what I should list my tractor for? I was thinking of listing it at $12,000. Heck, if I was looking to buy a new one, I'd pay $12,000 for it in a heartbeat and save a total of $2700!!

TIA for any and all suggestions,
Dino

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login