Go Bottom Go Bottom

Coolan circulation problem hpx 4x4

View my Photos
Coachlarry
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2019-05-03          198383

New water pump and thermostat. Upper hose getting warm but lower hose cold. Fan does not come on. Did flush, filled and bled according to manual, but still not circulating. New radiator cap also. Bypass hose hot. Not sure where to look next? If i open bleed screw coolant rushes out. I don’t see circulation at the radiator filler. Any help appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
gatoraider

2019-05-03          198384

Take the thermostat out and see if you can see circulation at the radiator. If you can see movement in the radiator run it until the temp light or the fan comes on. If the fan comes on you are good. If the light comes on you could have an obstruction in the hose or radiator. Radiator has to be hot for fan to run. ....

View my Photos
Coachlarry

2019-05-07          198389

Okay I’ll take out the thermostat and see what happens. ....

View my Photos
Coachlarry

2019-05-09          198392

I took out the thermo and ran until warning lamp came on. No fan, no heat at hose out of pump. No heat at radiator. I had a fair amount of white smoke when i ran it this way but not much when thermo is in. . I replaced head gasket on rear cylinder recently and was told the front cylinder was recently machined so i never messed with it since it’s difficult to access and figured it was okay. Compression is in spec but on low end on rear cylinder. I can’t really tell that there is coolant in the oil. What would be next place to check given all this? Seems like maybe a leak at front cylinder would be possible but compression checks out. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login