Go Bottom Go Bottom

90 s vintage 6x4 gas won t stay running

View my Photos
6x4gator
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-10-21          185247

Tried using my 6x4 Gator today. It's stored outdoors but covered by a tarp, everything was dry, temperature in high 50's. It started, I drove it 40 feet, shut it off and loaded leaves & grass clippings in bed. Started, drove another 40 feet, turned off, loaded more leaves & clippings. Started it, turned around, drove 100 feet and it sputtered and died. I checked the gas gauge, said 3/8ths of a tank. I added another gallon of premium grade gas since it sounded like it was out of gas. Choked it, started and stalled. Cranked without choke, started and stalled. Cranked again for 20 seconds, nothing. Choked and cranked, nothing. Three year old battery died at this point. Charged for 2 hours, tried again, nothing. Battery died again after several attempts. Oil level is good. Plugs haven't been changed since I bought it in 2001. I have new plugs and I'll put them in tomorrow but it sounds like no gas. As I write this I'm thinking to myself that I didn't hear the fuel pump or may be it was and I ignored it. It does have a fuel pump, doesn't it?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

90 s vintage 6x4 gas won t stay running

View my Photos
6x4gator
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-10-21          185248

Well I went out to the Gator, turned the key on and heard the fuel pump. I tried starting again not choked, choked and not choked again and same results, nothing. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login