Go Bottom Go Bottom

Gator 850d stalls

View my Photos
Redline165
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-05-21          183598

Its a john deer gator 850d 4x4

We have it here at the airport and the thing doesn't run well enough to out run a turtle, It will barely start and when it does it will run for about 2 minutes and then stall. When you give it throttle it takes forever to get it going and then as soon as you stop it stalls. kind of like a MAF sensor issue with a car. sometimes it is very hard to start

Related history: replaced the fuel filter and air filter. no change. happened out of the blue while driving around one day. midway through a tank of fuel, (no water, all diesel)

I dont know much about these diesel engines and its driving me up a wall.

Any help would be great!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Gator 850d stalls

View my Photos
gatoraider

2012-05-22          183607

Take the air intake hose off at the motor and see if it will run. If not, it's fuel...........if it runs, it's air.
Fuel could be the lift pump on the side of the motor. You could bypass the lift pump and rig up a fuel supply above the injector pump that gravity feeds the pump to see if the lift pump is bad. Check the suction line from the lift pump to the tank for holes or obstructions. Also the pickup screen in the tank could be plugged. You can fish the pickup hose out of the tank with a small wire with a hook on the end. You could also run a supply line from a can directly to the lift pump and eliminate everything from the tank to the pump. ....

Gator 850d stalls

View my Photos
RANCHER24

2015-03-26          192422

was this problem ever fixed having similar problems with my gator 850d! any help would be would be awesome will try things stated in this message and see if any of these things fix problem.. thanks in advance ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login