Go Bottom Go Bottom

6x4 problem

View my Photos
shyster
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-12-27          175970

My Gator will start up and run fine and even take off great,but when i put a load on it by going uphill,these are gradual hills on the roadway it will bog down and die, put it in neutral, start it up again and it will take off. Im not even sure where to start looking.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

6x4 problem

View my Photos
gatoraider

2010-12-29          176001

Sounds like you are running on one cylinder. Check your plugs. Or run it and make sure both exhaust pipes are getting hot, obviously don't lay your hand on them, just get close. The rear one probably isn't firing. ....

6x4 problem

View my Photos
shyster

2010-12-29          176014

Pulled both plugs and the front still looked new, Pulled the plug wire off the front and grounded it out and it was throwing spark do you think it could be a bad wire or coil? I am assuming with this plug looking new that is where the problem is. ....

6x4 problem

View my Photos
gatoraider

2010-12-29          176019

I'm trying to follow what you are saying. The front plug looks new. You mean new like out of the box, like it has not been firing? If that is the case and you pulled the plug wire off and got spark. The only thing that could be wrong is the plug. Take the plug out, hook the plug wire up and ground it on the motor. When you turn it over the plug should spark between the center electrode and the ground tang on the plug. If it doesn't spark hold the plug tang almost to the motor and turn it over. If there is spark between the plug tang and the motor, the plug is bad. ....

6x4 problem

View my Photos
shyster

2011-01-02          176135

Ok Pulled the plugs and i am getting fire to both, but noticed that the back plug was black compared to the front that was fairly clean. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login