Go Bottom Go Bottom

Mild clunking noise in front end

View my Photos
jay9437
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-09-26          174200

I recently purchase a new JD 620i Gator with approximately 750 hrs on it. I have had it about 4 months and have noticed on several occasions it has a mild clunking sound coming from the front end. It does not do it all the time, I have only heard it on three occasions...it does it in 2 wheel & 4wd. I have not taken it back to the dealer who is 80 miles away. Any suggestions as to a possible quick fix? Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-09-26          174201

Jay;
You bought the 620i new four months ago and have 750 hrs? That's a lot of hours in a hurry.
There is a grease zerk on a universal joint about under your feet underneath that doesn't grease the universal but does grease the spline that the universal needs to slip a bit on. It turns all the time whether you are in 2 or 4 wheel drive, maybe check that.
Frank. ....

View my Photos
jay9437

2010-09-26          174202

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwood | view 174201
Jay;You bought the 620i new four months ago and have 750 hrs? That's a lot of hours in a hurry.There is a grease zerk on a universal joint about under your feet underneath that doesn't grease the universal but does grease the spline that the universal needs to slip a bit on. It turns all the time whether you are in 2 or 4 wheel drive, maybe check that. Frank.
My mistake Frank, what I meant to say was 75 hours. It was a demo for the stock show, however that could be the problem, will check it when I get back up to ranch Thanks ....

View my Photos
rheidema

2010-12-21          175893

Jay, I have the same problem with my 620i. Have checked everything on the macchine and still have the off & on clunking. I'LL double check the grease point, but believe this is OK on mine. Also, bought my machine in 2008 as a rodeo demo. Love the machine, use it daily for everything. ....

View my Photos
jay9437

2010-12-21          175895

Rheidema thanks for your input...I told my dealer about the problem which they said was a problem that occurs from time to time...not much you can do about it...doesn't seem to damage the machine. ....

View my Photos
rheidema

2010-12-21          175896

Jay, thanks for the info. After over 300 hrs. it hasn't changed so guess its like your dealer said. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login