Go Bottom Go Bottom

AMT 600 bed dump hydraulic fluid

View my Photos
PhilWarner
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-08-27          173483

What fluid is used in an AMT 600 optional bed dump hydraulic system? It looks like what is there is red like auto trans fluid, but it is way low and I need to top it up. Hope the reservoir isn't cracked.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-08-27          173485

To be on the safe side I'd call a Deere dealer.
The AMT's were built before Deere had the Hy-Gards, regular and Lo-Vis. It seems that for quite a while their standard answer for anything going in the small equipment, compact tractors, Gators, or lawn mowers has been Hy-Gard Lo-Vis, but I'd check for sure.
Frank. ....

View my Photos
PhilWarner

2010-08-27          173492

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwood | view 173485
To be on the safe side I'd call a Deere dealer.The AMT's were built before Deere had the Hy-Gards, regular and Lo-Vis. It seems that for quite a while their standard answer for anything going in the small equipment, compact tractors, Gators, or lawn mowers has been Hy-Gard Lo-Vis, but I'd check for sure.Frank.

Right you are, the answer when I called was Hy-Gard Lo-Vis, but judging from the time it took leafing through manuals to try to find a spec and to then go ask the "old guy Frank", I bet there isn't a specific recommendation for this little self contained reservoir-electric-pump-one-way-cylinder system and just about any low viscosity oil or ATF would do.
However I discovered a 3/8 long crack in the bottom of the plastic reservoir where the single screw mounts it to the pump and since poly is hard to repair reliably, it is a $50 crack. Fortunately the local JD dealer can order a new $50 reservoir, but you can be sure I'll take the old one to compare when it comes in. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login