Go Bottom Go Bottom

Gator wont start

View my Photos
tscoyote
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-07-07          172151

I have a 1995 gator 6x4, all electrical componets work(bed,lights, etc.) but will not start...its in neutral, turn key, nothing.Is there a solinoid somewhere for this? Any info will be appreciated....thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Gator wont start

View my Photos
spyder
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-07-08          172170

Apart from the solenoid in the starter motor itself, there is a small relay which is normally situated on the side of the engine compartment just underneath the ignition module. With the tray up, you should be able to hear a faint click from this relay when you turn the key to the 'start' position.
This relay connects power to the small wire that goes to a push-on connector on the starter motor. To check the starter motor itself, unplug this small wire. Then, WITH THE MACHINE IN NEUTRAL AND THE KEY IN THE OFF POSITION, touch a piece of wire between the battery positive terminal and the now-exposed lug on the starter motor. If the starter motor is okay, it should spin up. And, if it does, the problem must be one of the following...
A/. The small relay
B/. The switch inside the transmission
C/. A dirty contact on the plug or socket that connects the main wiring harness to the engine wiring harness
D/. A dirty contact on the key switch connector
E/. a faulty key switch.

Cheers

Gator wont start

View my Photos
tscoyote
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-07-09          172181

Spyder........thanks for the info, I will check out your suggestions and let you know how I make out! Thanks again! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login