Go Bottom Go Bottom

different spring for faster mph

View my Photos
vipertblck
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-06-06          171385

anybody know if there's something you can do with the clutch spring to get some more mph outa the gator?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
gatoraider

2010-06-07          171386

Clutch spring has nothing to do with mph. Sheave diameter is the determining factor. That's the way they made them faster over the years. When the clutches are maxed out, that's all you get. They started with a 180mm diameter stationary sheave, 15.5 mph clutch in '93 and went up from there. The TH model probably has a sheave diameter of close to 195mm. ....

View my Photos
vipertblck

2010-06-07          171404

mmm, my neighbor had john deere change his spring and his goes about 20 or 21; ill have to ask him about it ....

View my Photos
gatoraider

2010-06-08          171409

I'm sure Deere has the top speed calculated when both the drive clutch and the driven clutch are maxed out at the recommended rpm. If you have a lighter spring in the drive clutch I guess the belt could push up past the top of the sheave and get a little more than the 18mph they advertise. Or maybe the machine wasn't pulling the belt all the way up to start with. Any way you look at it, when the belts are maxed out that's as fast as you are going to go. Knowing some of the stuff Deere pulls, they may have increased his fast idle rpm 250 and never put a spring in it. Obviously the higher the rpm, the faster you go. ....

View my Photos
vipertblck

2010-06-08          171430

possibly; i just figured it'd be the same concept as a snowmobile; i've changed springs in those things and messed around before, but like u said about rpm, that could increase speed too but i dont wanna rev my engine up anymore. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login