Go Bottom Go Bottom

HPX 6x4 2001

View my Photos
CooterBrown
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-04-05          169783

I just bought a 6x4 deisel with 3200hours. When I test drove it, on flat farm land, everything was fine. When I got home to the hills of North Ga it began to jump out of gear going up steep hills. I engage 4wd and all is well. On the flat it runs fine in 2wd. Is this a common issue or am I getting ready to invest more money? Thanks Keith

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

HPX 6x4 2001

View my Photos
gatoraider

2010-04-06          169792

If you have a 2001 HPX 6x4 with 4wd you already have money because you have the only one they ever made. Seriously, something on your input shaft is messed up. Either the shift fork, the shift collar, the spring and ball system or the forward gear kit. The shift collar is not getting all the way into gear or it's not being held all the way in gear. Maybe there's not as much strain when there is 4 wheels pushing. I'm sure eventually it will do it in 4wd too. ....

HPX 6x4 2001

View my Photos
CooterBrown

2010-04-06          169816

thanks the hpx version is the Australian make that was shipped over here....oh never mind..I was reading one thing while typing another!! thanks for your input. will get on it right away....Keith ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login