Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD Gator 6X4 Rattle Noise

View my Photos
PaidUp
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-02-21          168737

I have a Gator 6X4 with about 750 hours. The motor runs great. When running still the motor sounds fine. When you put in drive the machine runs good but makes a horrible rattling noise like it has a set of bearings bouncing around. I had the clutch replaced about a year ago and the dealership told me they had no idea what was making the noise. When running at slow of fast speeds it sounds horrible. Any ideas? Is there more than one clutch, does it have rollers for the belt that could be wore out? The JD dealer has no clue.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
gatoraider

2010-02-22          168742

Check your motor mount bolts. Sometimes they strip out and are not holding the motor properly. Check ALL of them, just one loose can make the motor rattle. Also make sure the brace from the transaxle to the motor is tight on the motor end, sometimes the bolt holding it will shear off. Also the three bolts holding the cover on the drive clutch, make sure they are tight. If your motor mounts are stripped, I usually tap them out to 3/8 fine thread. ....

View my Photos
PaidUp

2010-02-22          168743

Gatoraider - Thanks the noise only accurs when it is in gear and moving, it sounds like a tin can around the belt is being throw around. I will check all the bolts. ....

View my Photos
gatoraider

2010-02-23          168756

Just thinking about your rattle. Does your oil pressure light work? When you turn your ign. switch to the run position the two left lights should come on ( amp and oil ) Just thinking you could have bad rod bearings in your motor, but if your oil pressure light works it should at least flicker at idle when the motor warms up. Sometimes a rod bearing won't show up until it's under a load. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login