Go Bottom Go Bottom

6X4 Gator diesel not running very well

View my Photos
jdunphy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-09-24          165895

Hello, I have a gator diesel with the 3 cly. Yanmar. I bought it about 4 mo. ago and it hasn't run real well since I bought it. I assumed fuel. so, I ran it down then refilled with fresh. Air filters are fine. The scary thing is when I went to check/clean the fuel filter...none. The guy removed the filter. Are the injectors toast? Can they be cleaned? I has power. It just doesn't seem to run as smooth as I would expect. I haven't driven another gator diesel so I don't have a baseline to compare. Any help would be great! Thanks!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

6X4 Gator diesel not running very well

View my Photos
gatoraider
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-09-24          165896

Not too intelligent to remove a fuel filter from ANY diesel motor. Don't know if your injectors are toast, but you can bet they are dirty. They can be taken apart and cleaned. Lots of small parts inside so do one at a time and put it back together the same way. The very tip of the nozzle is very critical. Use a brass bristle brush, not steel. The nozzle assemblies ( just the tips ) are available from Deere. There are also spring loaded valves screwed into the top of the injector pump that should be cleaned. When you get a filter make sure it is the one for a diesel Gator, don't just use a regular fuel filter. Diesel filters have water seperation and drain features. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login