Go Bottom Go Bottom

Gator sometimes won t start and or dies while driving

View my Photos
waterslave
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-08-04          164631

I have a JD Gator gasoline 4x2 purchased in 2000 with almost 2000 hours on it. The problem only seems to occur in warm weather (>50 deg F.). It works fine in the winter. My gator will start fine in the morning. After that it will sometimes die while driving after sputtering a few seconds (sometimes it sputters and keeps going). If it dies while driving, it almost always will not restart. Other times, if I turn it off and try to restart it later even after as much as one hour, it won't restart. Sometimes it does restart. If I try again later (even after just a few minutes) it often restarts just fine. When it restarts, it always restarts quickly and apparently normally.

Sometimes the fuel filter is empty when the gator won't start but filling the filter doesn't help. We have replaced the fuel filter, the carburetor, and the fuel lines. We have cleaned out the gas tank. The fuel filter has never appeared dirty. We've replaced the air filter even though it has never been very dirty. We've tried loosening the gas cap. It always has plenty of gas. Nothing so far has worked. Maybe it's a fuel pump problem?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Gator sometimes won t start and or dies while driving

View my Photos
gatoraider
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-08-04          164633

Check Re 4x2 Gator has no spark about 6 before this one. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login