Go Bottom Go Bottom

Diesel gator clutch

View my Photos
Farm1399
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-07-29          164460

My diesel gator will not start moving as soon as I push my accelerator. The clutches seem to be working properly. The engine does seem to move toward the front of the machine when I accelerate. Could the rubber motor mounts be egg shaped allowing the belt the shorten some? I have a new belt on but the problem persist.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Diesel gator clutch

View my Photos
gatoraider

2009-07-29          164465

There is one motor mount that is adjustable front to back. There is also a distance tool or guage that is available from your dealer that measures the center line distance between the two clutches. What you need to do first is look at your clutches when you accelerate and see if the drive clutch is trying to close the gap between the sheaves as soon as you hit the gas. If it isn't your problem is probably clutch rollers if you have a new belt. When they get flat spots it requires more RPMs to move the rollers up the flyweights ....

Diesel gator clutch

View my Photos
Farm1399

2009-07-29          164466

This is a used unit that I bought and it looks like both the drive and primary clutch assemblies have been replace very recently. I have ordered the rubber bushings for the adjustable linkage you speak about hoping this would correct my ploblem but I will check the clutch engagments tonight. Thanks. ....

Diesel gator clutch

View my Photos
Farm1399

2009-07-29          164467

This is a used unit that I bought and it looks like both the drive and primary clutch assemblies have been replace very recently. I have ordered the rubber bushings for the adjustable linkage you speak about hoping this would correct my ploblem but I will check the clutch engagments tonight. Thanks. ....

Diesel gator clutch

View my Photos
gatoraider

2009-07-29          164470

Another thing that comes to mind if you have new clutches. There is a difference in gas and diesel drive clutches. The diesel flyweights are heavier than the gas flyweights. So therefore they would start the shift process at a lower RPM because the diesel motor has more bottom end torque. Lighter flyweights, like the ones in a gas model clutch, require a higher RPM to start shifting and possibly that may be your problem. Flyweights have number designations depending on the year of your clutch. There are three that could possibly be in your clutch. 4x2 weights will fit also and they are really light. Numbers are visible if you remove the bell and look on the side of the weight. ....

Diesel gator clutch

View my Photos
Farm1399

2009-07-29          164471

Do you know what the number would be on a diesel. ....

Diesel gator clutch

View my Photos
gatoraider

2009-07-29          164472

If I were in my shop I could tell you right away, because I have lots of each, but Iam at the beach and have no way of telling. I would be able to tell you friday, or if you find out what you have in yours maybe it will jog my memory. ....

Diesel gator clutch

View my Photos
Farm1399

2009-07-30          164478

you are great help. I'll see. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login