Go Bottom Go Bottom

Jumping Gator

View my Photos
mthall
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-05-23          162916

I have a 2006 John Deere Gator 6x4 gas that I bought new. I am having a problem that when I shift into foward or reverse I have to raise the engine rmp to get the machine to move. When the engine rpm raises the machine will then "jump" and operate find until the machine is shifted back to neutral. Anyone have any advise??

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Jumping Gator

View my Photos
hardwood

2009-05-23          162917

I don't remember if it is the pulley on the engine or the one on the transmission but one of them has little triangle shaped holes three places around the hub that hold some cams to keep the pulley adjusted to the belt. Those can get dirt in them that cause them to hang up. try squirtiong some WD-40 type stuff in those triangle holes and the hub it's self where it slides in and out. this used to happen to a 4 X 2 I had. ....

Jumping Gator

View my Photos
gatoraider

2009-05-24          162927

Two things, one easy, one not so easy. First is drive belt, if your drive belt is worn that means it is narrower and will require more rpms to move the drive clutch sheaves in to engage it. Second is drive clutch spyder rollers. As soon as your rpms increase, your Gator should start to move. If your clutch rollers haven't been serviced I would guarantee they have big flat spots on them and are sliding up the flyweights instead of rolling. If they have flat spots, the flyweights seat into them and it requires more rpm to engage the belt. If they aren't rolling, it robs power from the motor trying to close the clutch and get into a higher gear. Iam saying if you get a new belt and a new spyder ( you can't just buy the rollers )for your drive clutch, you'll think you have a new Gator. A new belt would probably help some, but both would get you back to where you want to be. ....

Jumping Gator

View my Photos
mthall

2009-06-21          163522

Dear Gatoraide, thanks for advise the on my jumping gator. I finally got around to replacing the belt. The new belt cured the problem. I admire you for providing your knowledge and time to resolve this as well as other issues that you have resolved.............thanks,Mike Hall ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login