Go Bottom Go Bottom

Oil Filter on 2002 4x2 Gator

View my Photos
chad969
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-04-20          153127

Does anyone know where the plate is on the Kawasaki engine for the optional oil filter kit? I have a 2002 4x2 TS Gator, and want to add the optional oil filter kit, and it says all I have to do is remove the blank plate on the engine and bolt the filter assembly on. I can't find it!

Thank!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
sbrunner

2008-05-13          153673

It should be around where the regular oil filter is. Can you tell me what HP or CC your JD is. I might be able to look up the kawaski diagrams to see where the plate may be located. or it could be similar to a kawi mule. ....

View my Photos
pminderman

2008-08-11          156027

I just put the kit on mine. It goes on the back side of the engine with the filter pointing to the left (driver side) of the machine. There is a small plate that is the same shape as the filter base addapter. Remove this and the oil o-ring (actually an hour glass shape ring) and replace it with the new seal ring that looks like a figure 8 and the filter base. The correct bolts are include with the kit. To replace the filter you can reach through the belt to grip it. You'll find that the engine oil will stay considerably cleaner. It's beyound me why they didn't make this standard. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login