Go Bottom Go Bottom

New Gator XUV

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-02-18          139845

Got the spring sale flier from the local Deere dealer a couple days ago. There showing a new model Gator, the XUV. Supposed to have more power. 30 MPH top speed, and a different rear suspension. I might be temped to trade my HPX if they would have power steering on the new one. The steering on an HPX is kinda Gorilla type. Anybody seen one yet?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

New Gator XUV

View my Photos
pondgroup

2007-04-22          141409

The XUV steers like it has power steering. The ride compared to the previous model is like comparing a Cadillac to a VW.

Mine has a vibration type rattle at higher speeds and a “slapping” sound like a bad universal joint in a car. The dealer told me there was a service bulletin from John Deere describing this. The repair is to adjust a set screw in the transmission. They did this and I still have problems.

New Gator XUV

View my Photos
hardwood

2007-04-22          141411

I took a demo drive at the dealership about three weeks ago. You are 100% correct the steering is like a Rolls, not a Caddy and the ride is unbelivable, I don't think I've ever seen a Rolls let alone ride in one, but the folks of means seem to like them. I traded my HPX on the spot, the new one isn't here yet. In their accessories catalog it shows a neat little toolbox kinda like a pickup toolbox, I orederd one, it just looked kinda neat. Believe it or not the whole deal was the wife's idea, she could hardly steer the HPX. Deere has always taken care of any problems I've had, I'm sure they will find the source of the noise and make it right. Enjoy your day. Frank. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login