Go Bottom Go Bottom

John Deere JD LT190 Review

View my Photos
crunch
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-02-06          151123

I purchased this machine 2 years ago and just love it as a mowing machine. I mentioned in another post that I do my pulling and dirty work with an old Gravely 8122. The JD LT190 has a 16" turning radius which is tight enough to go around many trees without backing up and is a fairly fast mower.

I really thought about getting a zero turn mower but I really wonder how much faster I could mow my lawn with one of them. I am sure I could mow somewhat faster but would maybe save 15 minutes? And I am not happy with the fact that most of the residential zero turn mowers have the deck underneath rather than out front.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

John Deere JD LT190 Review

View my Photos
EMERICHSALES
Posts: 75 187 Valentine Road, Charlton/Ballston Lake, NY 12019
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-03-08          152015

As an answer to your question, generally your time savings is more signifigant with a zero turn mower than a lawn tractor. A prime example is a customer who mows roughly an acre, and with a lawn tractor it is almost two hours and with the zero turn the cutting time was reduced to about 45 minutes. Alot depends on the amount of area you are mowing and your terrain. You also seem to get better cut quality as less weight is on the front wheels therefore it does not compact the grass as much prior to cutting it. We sell ExMark, Toro ,Cub Cadet, and also have Troybit 19 hp residential RZT for only $1999.00 So there are cost effective alternatives if you have any questions please feel free to contact us ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login