Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD4410 Will not start

View my Photos
rhparker
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-05-20          142271

I have a JD4410 with about 300 hours. Never had a problem until today. Was working today on the tractor mowing weeds and someone came up to talk to me. I turned off the engine to hear him. When I tried to turn the engine back on I heard a click and then nothing. When I turn the ignition switch the fuel and temperature needles move, but the starter does not turn over. No sounds. I removed the fuse box, all fuses are OK. I noticed that the relay switch in the fuse box for the starter buzzes when I turn the ignition. I check all the wiring all looks OK. I will try to purchase a new relay switch tomorrow and see if that fixes it. Any other suggestions will be helpful.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

JD4410 Will not start

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-05-22          142315

It sounds more like a safety switch. PTO fully off? Outa gear? Wiring loose somewhere under tractor? ....

JD4410 Will not start

View my Photos
rhparker
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-05-22          142355

Harvey,
Thanks for your response. After checking the PTO and cleaning the wiring on the battery, I decided to jump start the engine. It started. When I turned the ignition off, the tractor would not start again. I pulled the battery and discovered it was dead. Brought a new battery, everything is now working OK. ....

JD4410 Will not start

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-05-24          142431

Who'd-ah-thunk that. That probably woulda been a last guess. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login