Go Bottom Go Bottom

Electronic Fuel Selonid

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-05-02          110595

This weekend my neighbors 4400 would not start. Could feel the selonid click in. Remembered the posts from before so reread but it seemed different. Looked at the fuel pump.

Relooked the selonid took it out and the tractor started. Problem was it would pull in for an istant then release to the open position. Assumed it was bad! Had it apart so took it to the bench and it worked fine.

Went to the key switch it looked bad. Current would not hold. Tried one last thing. Pulled the fuel relay fuse and put mine in. That was it. A $5.00 part. A new selonid may have solved the problem because new needs less current. And maybe the new relay will take a crap if the other posts are correct about the known issue.

Point here remember to look at the cheapest part first. The relay circuit breakers are a PIA to test. Keep a new one handy.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Electronic Fuel Selonid

View my Photos
denwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-05-02          110644

If I took my bad one out and moved it manually and then put it back in, it would work for a day or so. Oil got behind it and gave some back pressure or something. The new ones have a groove added to drain the oil and now new one works fine. Manufacturer (NOT JD) replaced it, so this part was free. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login