Go Bottom Go Bottom

Jinma Rear Snowblower Bolts

View my Photos
croz
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-01-01          122114

I have been fighting with my new Snowblower. First it Sheared off the Bolt that ties the second stage to the center Driver shaft.Twice!! I Fixed that with the hardest bolt money could buy. I then managed to blow about 100 ft of track at about three ft deep.It then sheared off both of the First stage bolts from the main shaft. Is this normal? Should all of the shear bolts have been changed out to begin with off with very hard bolts? I'm running a 40 HP Jinma at about 1600 rpm with the PTO set at 840 in low range, tranny in 2nd gear. Any info would help or is my snow just hard??

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
JimP

2006-01-01          122116

Umm, they are called "shear bolts" for a reason -- they are supposed to break instead of something more expensive like a gear box breaking. You SHOULD NOT be replacing shear pins or bolts with the hardest thing you can find -- they should be no more than a Grade 2 bolt. ....

View my Photos
gcroz

2006-01-03          122180

If I put in number two bolts. My snowblower slices through them like soft butter on a warm summers day. Believe it or not I am actually cutting the number 8 bolts in two!!!! Ive replaced a few of them already also. I can turn the auger(s) by hand when the PTO is not engaged. But as I'm Snowblowing I will cut the bolts in half on the Auger(s). I go about 50 feet then thats it. Then I replace them again. Its seems to be blowinmg fine when its working. It just doesn't work for very long.Is no one having this trouble? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login