Go Bottom Go Bottom

blowing smoke out crankcase breather

View my Photos
toby74
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-09-06          116009

The respirator/crankcase breather on the side of a JM284LE is blowing greyish smoke out of it. Smoke smells and looks kind of like exhaust. The tractor has 10 hours on it. The tractor seems to run fine for the most part. It does have a slight miss when you first start it up, but seems to straighten out pretty quick, then when you run it at full throttle, it is skipping a beat every couple seconds. Exhaust looks fine, nothing out of the normal. The tractor was full of oil with around 6 hours on it, and now at 10 hours it is about half way to the fill line. So it is eating oil. Oil pressure is good. Does not appear to be any water or anything in the OIL, the oil looks brand new, no darkening. Antifreeze is still full, and does not appear to be dropping, no bubbles or anything in the radiator. Air filter is clean, no blockages. I have used the pump to make sure that there is no air in the fuel lines, does not appear to be any. As I was checking it out and it started to warm up, I noticed a strange squeaking noise when I would idle it down, and when I would pull the fuel stop. It sounded like it was a squeaking coming from inside or around the exhaust pipe.

Does anyone have any idea what this problem could be?
Is it safe to run it in this condition?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login