Go Bottom Go Bottom

Caroni Rear Discharge

View my Photos
chim
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-03-23          36662

I have a Caroni side discharge 3ph mower deck that has served me well for about 8 years. Early on I removed the discharge chute (yes it is a hazard) to get it to blow the clippings over a wider area. This mower will be sold with the Ford 1210 that I've been using. In about a week, my new Kubota B7500 will arrive, and I am looking for a 3ph deck for it. There's a place that has both Caroni side and rear discharge decks for under $800. My question, finally, is if the Caroni rear discharge deck blows the clippings out evenly without windrows? I'd like a rear discharge so I can mow closely to mulched areas on both sides of the deck without blowing clippings onto the mulch. Thank you.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Caroni Rear Discharge

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2002-03-24          36684

Chim, I use a Bush Hog rear discharge mower and have no experience with the Caroni, but I think you'll be happy with it. I can get a little windrowing if I mow deep grass, but much less than I got with a side discharge riding mower. And if I mow the yard when it should be mowed, instead of letting it get too deep, there is no noticeable windrowing. ....

Caroni Rear Discharge

View my Photos
chim

2002-03-24          36687

Bird, thanks for the comeback. I'm tryimg to avoid having a mess like my In-laws do. They bought a John Deere (forget the model - 60" mower in front, motor behind, hydro, rear discharge) that leaves the lawn looking nasty because it deposits two neat little rows of clippings where the blades meet. Just discovered this board a few days ago, and appreciate it.............chim ....

Caroni Rear Discharge

View my Photos
steve arnold

2002-03-25          36708

I mowed this fellows lawn with his tractor and 8' caroni rear discharge and it distributed it evenly. This was about 5 years ago and the mower was about 5-10 years old at the time. Seemed to be made well but like all the other wheel brackets that are stressed because they are stamped or bent out of straight, flat stock this mower had 3 wheels on the ground and one going along for the ride. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login