Go Bottom Go Bottom

1968 Ford industrial tractor loader backhoe

View my Photos
tinker8La
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-08-19          190949

I just purchased a Ford tractor/loader/backhoe and I'm trying to determine exactly what it is, in order to get applicable operating and maintenance/repair manuals. I believe it to be a 1968 industrial series tractor. The under hood ID label is intact, and it reads as follows:

model# 45021G (4,000 series, industrial, gas engine, no PTO, 4 speed manual trans.)

unit# 8B26B (1968, Feb. 26, dayshift)

tractor# C196502 (made in US, XXXXXX)

In the parentheses are what I think is the correct information. Can anyone confirm my translation of the info?

This machine has a Wain-Roy backhoe, which according to what I've read, seems out of place on a 1968 tractor.

Would this be considered a 4400, 4500, 445, 455 or other?

My immediate concerns are about lubrication for both the lift equipment and the transmission and differential. What I've seen so far is that anything compatible with M2C41, superseded by NH134D is correct for all. True?

The differential does not have a dipstick. I see some 1/4" pipe thread plugs and what appears to be a machine thread with gasket plug on the left side. I assume that one of these are how I would check the level.

How full should the lift reservoir, (located top forward under the hood), have to be? I presume that it should be checked with all the hydraulic cylinders as fully retracted as possible?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

1968 Ford industrial tractor loader backhoe

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-08-20          190968

I don't have a lot of knowledge of those units but would consider that a 4500 model. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login