Go Bottom Go Bottom

ford 2000 water in oil help

View my Photos
fordman1978
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-03-26          152454

I got a 1973 ford 2000. Getting water in the crank,I got the head off and kerosene in the water jackets of the block. I cant find any leaks did same to the head no leaks.
It started blowing a bit of smoke out the oil cap and it had blown the number 1 head gasket. pulled off and replaced it,then it ran 15 minutes and after warming uo started blowing vapor again from oil cap. COULD my head be warped or is their some weakest link somewhere that goes out in these engines I need to know about.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
fordman1978
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-03-26          152456

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordman1978 | view 152454
I got a 1973 ford 2000. Getting water in the crank,I got the head off and kerosene in the water jackets of the block. I cant find any leaks did same to the head no leaks.It started blowing a bit of smoke out the oil cap and it had blown the number 1 head gasket. pulled off and replaced it,then it ran 15 minutes and after warming uo started blowing vapor again from oil cap. COULD my head be warped or is their some weakest link somewhere that goes out in these engines I need to know about.
the head might be warped have to find a str8 edge and check that yet ....

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-03-27          152468

Is the radiator water disappearing? After new head gasket was it some residual moisture left in block?

That much steam? Smoke? out of the breather might indicate excessive blow by.

I think ford likes to use "O" rings to seal many water jackets you didn't miss one of those on reassembly? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login