Go Bottom Go Bottom

Anybody out there own an AGCO Allis machine

View my Photos
Tim DiChiara
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-05-10          28008

Hi All:Why is there not much discussion here about AGCO Allis tractors? I have the opportunity to buy a used AGCO Allis 4650 (40 HP) and am wondering if it's worthwhile. Does anybody have any experience with them? I'm a little concerned that they are too obscure...I need to do a lot of bush hogging (40+ acres), plus some small scale produce farming (tilling, etc). I want to buy one and only one tractor in my life, so reliability is my major concern. My budget is less than $11,000.Thanks for any advice--this is a great forum!Cheers,Tim

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
John Miller, III

2001-05-10          28009

I had looked at them about 10 years ago{thinking of upgrades} and I believe they were air-cooled engines...However, I didn't upgrade{at that time} and didn't buy one, but since then, I've talked to different people that own them and the worst thing they say is the parts replacement costs from AGCO. Everyone across the board told me some outrageous prices for parts, right down to the basics of even filters. Other than that, everyone seemed very happy with their unit. ....

View my Photos
PJDrew

2001-05-13          28130

Tim,
My brother had a larger AGCO(85hp) and finally traded it off, he bought it new and had 5 years. Lots of trouble with it and parts as indicated, were unbelievable (wiper blade was $29.00). You couldn't use anything but there stuff and had to wait for weeks sometimes. It seemed everything had to get shipped from overseas. He had about 3500 hours and put in 3 clutches, plus a lot of other stuff. I'd really check into this tractor before I would buy.
Regards. PJ Drew ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login