Go Bottom Go Bottom

Resale value

View my Photos
jeff winter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-04-23          27126

First time responder . I've enjoyed reading all the different ideas from problems with equipment to which color is the best . My question would be . Give that JD and NH were of equal size and equip the same which would have the better resale five years from now ? Any ideas anyone . Jeff winter

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Resale value

View my Photos
Mark E. Lamprey

2001-04-23          27128

jeff, I to am fairly new to compact tractors, so I am sure that some of these guys with more experience can provide more valuable input. It seems to me that, irrelevent of the make, all compact tractors seem to hold there value quite well. I think a lot of it will depend on how the owner takes care of it, In the research I did for several months in an attempt to educate myself so I could make an intelligant and financialy sound decision I was surprised at the prices of even used machine. What I did learn was that most used compact tractors in good clean condition weren't over overpriced, they just held their value well. I also believe that answers to your question will vary alot dependig on which brand the guy answering likes better. Mark ....

Resale value

View my Photos
Roger L.

2001-04-23          27146

All compacts depreciate slowly, but JDs are in a league all of their own when it comes to holding value. ....

Resale value

View my Photos
Mark E. Lamprey

2001-04-24          27150

Roger, Your right. I have heard that about John Deere, even just recently from a man who purchased a NH TC35 last October. His opinion was that JD do hold there value better than some others. Mark ....

Resale value

View my Photos
jeff winter

2001-04-24          27180

If the compact tractor are anything like the larger farm equipment I would agree that JD would hold it,s resale value better . Is there such book for used equipment like they use in the used car sales ? ....

Resale value

View my Photos
Roger L.

2001-04-24          27193

There are such "used tractor value" books. I've looked at several of them. Only trouble is, the prices in the book don't seem to bear much resemblence to what I see them selling for locally. In most cases the book is undervaluing the tractor by a large amount. I don't want to be a tractor dealer, but if I could buy compacts for sale at the prices I was reading in the books for 10 year old 4wds, I'd sure be tempted to pick up a truckload just for the fun of passing along some good deals. ....

Resale value

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-04-25          27206

The resale books use what the dealers send into them as to what they have sold the pieces for. I know as a dealer I would like to get what I'm asking for a piece but that doesn't happen often enough. We to would like to see our equipment have the highest resale value but I know that those are not a priority to me in my daily buisness. Resale prices are often lower in some areas just do to the fact that dealers of that brand are not in that area and of coarse that would mean the book would be inflated. I also know that some manufacturers are more persistant that the dealers fill in those forms to help increase the resale value and of coarse there are those that exagerate what they have done. Most dealers use them as a guide or for reference only. We do have them and I often get a chuckle when I see that you can buy new in this area for less than the resale value in the book. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login