Go Bottom Go Bottom

B7100 tractor info

View my Photos
Michael D. Dommer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-07-15          17982

I am looking at a couple of Kubota tractors, my question is how does the B7100 perform without the power steering, I will use it primarily for mowing and would like to install a loader on the machine for occasional use. The tractor has a 60 inch deck,4wd, HST, rear mounted blade and about 400 hours, the dealer wants $6,000 does that sound in the ballpark. The tractor looks in good shape, My main concern is the lack of Power steering.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

B7100 tractor info

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2000-07-15          17983

Are you a weight lifter looking for more outdoor time, if not don't do it unless you only have large area's to use it. Good tractor otherwise. ....

B7100 tractor info

View my Photos
Bird Senter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-07-15          17987

Michael, I bought a 1995 B7100 new, with front end loader, for $10,850 in 1995. A year ago, I traded up to a B2710 and the dealer gave me an honest $8,000 for the B7100 with just under 500 hours on it (and he already had two used B7100s sitting on the lot - none now of course). I agree with Art, to some extent. The major reason I traded up was for power steering, but ONLY because I'm getting older and I'd recently had surgery on BOTH hands for carpal tunnel syndrome. Now I really do like power steering, but the only time the B7100 was a little hard to steer was when I had a heavy load in the front end loader bucket. The only other caution I would recommend is to remember that if a front wheel hits something like a rut unexpectedly, it can turn the wheels, spin the steering wheel, and hit a thumb or finger pretty hard IF YOU DON'T HAVE A GOOD HOLD ON THE STEERING WHEEL. In other words, I agree with Art that I want power steering, but for the difference in price, that B7100 ain't bad. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login