Go Bottom Go Bottom

Paint on Farmall Cub

View my Photos
johnhuff
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-04-25          141528

I have a farmall Cub s/n 9188. My book shows this as a 1947. The tractor is painted white on the tank and fenders and yellow everywhere else. By all appearances the tractor was never painted red. Does anyone know if IHC ever painted a 1947 cub this color? Thanks, John

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Paint on Farmall Cub

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-04-25          141529

I know the white was the demo tractors that they used to build for dealers to take out for demo's to perspective customers. I don't know of any with the yellow from those that I've seen but it might have had something to do with industrial equipment dealers but they could have had some. I know in later days they did mix with a gold color. ....

Paint on Farmall Cub

View my Photos
hardwood

2007-04-26          141542

Art is right on the industrial yellow, far as I know only IH red and Ind. Yellow were used on the early ones. If my memory is correct the white demonstrator era was in the early 50's when the "Super" series C, H, and M's were introduced, I don't remember of any "Cub" demo's being white, but I could have missed them too. Frank. ....

Paint on Farmall Cub

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-04-26          141545

Frank they did build the Cub in white too!! I had one in trade a few years back that had never been repainted! Sold it to a fellow that was born in 47' said he had to have it! They actually built the white demo series up to the mid sixies as we had some 06' series that are still in our area and they were white with gold trim. They were all supposed to be painted red before being sold. ....

Paint on Farmall Cub

View my Photos
hardwood

2007-04-26          141547

Art; I did't remember the white Cubs. I remember like it was yesterday the IH dealer bringing a new white Super H out for Dad to try out. I guess the BS ran as deep then as it does now. I remember him teling Dad that there was not an "M" in the country that could out pull the "New Super H". After a couple rounds with the 3/16's that Dad was pulling with the "M", the white one went home. Frank. ....

Paint on Farmall Cub

View my Photos
Art White

2007-04-27          141582

Somethings never change! I listen to a lot of newer salesmens claims and at this point I'm still learning as to what machines that I thought I knew well will do in different conditions. I just hate eating feathers, they tend to dry out the mouth and aren't very filling! ....

Paint on Farmall Cub

View my Photos
hardwood

2007-04-27          141585

Art; In the time of the "H" and "M" there were a few H's pulling 3/14 in river sand and M's pulling 4/14 in the same aeria. In the heavy black soils where we lived the "M" struggled at times with the 3/16. Dad bought a new #37, 13ft. wheel disc the year they came out, seems like about 56 or 57, the "M" handled it pretty well in 3rd. but the "H" did'nt have a prayer. I've still got that "H", but after I restored it is too nice to drive, it just takes up shed room now. Frank. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login