Go Bottom Go Bottom

99 V-10

View my Photos
Dana Trumpp
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-08-11          41167

I had a 95 V-10 and got 16MPG with it, alot of power for pulling trailers. In 99 I got a new one same drive train set up but 10MPG and not near the power (automatic trannys) Has any one put different mufflers on a V-10? less back presser would increase MPG & pulling power. Some one told me some were removeing the muffler and leaveing the cathletic converter for a increase.
Any thoughs??

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

99 V-10

View my Photos
BAC

2002-08-30          41836

I pull a 5th wheel trailer with a 3/4 ton Dodge V8. I put Borla headers and exhaust on it. You keep the converter and you do not have to mess with the computer. Also use a K & N air filter system. It definitely increased the HP and Torque. Pricey but I would recommend both. Borla sells the same set up for the V10. ....

99 V-10

View my Photos
Dana Trumpp

2002-08-31          41876

I also pull alot of trailers with mine. I do have a K&N air filter. What does the Bora headers cost? I like a quiet work horse, alittle rummble is ok but Iam not a kid anymore. With the headers didi it increase MPG any? ....

99 V-10

View my Photos
BAC

2002-09-30          43122

I have forgotten what they cost but I do remember they were quite pricey. (About $500). I too am no kid anymore and would not like a lot of noise. The headers increase both torque and HP. The sound they create is just a low rumble, quite pleasant really, almost unnoticeable. I did not notice a big increase in fuel mileage but there is definitely an increase in the trucks pulling power. Very noticeable on a trip to the western states this summer.

Just type (Borla headers) into any search engine and you will receive a number of hits. Many will sell the Borla headers and muffler. (look for the best price)

99 V-10

View my Photos
Todd Wilson

2002-10-20          44014

I have heard of some v10's getting 15mpg but most people I talk to and the ones I know about generally get about 10mpg.
Your old truck may have been an exception and the new one is just being normal.

You could try a different exhaust system but I dont think its gonna help a whole lot. I gather that your truck had a manual transmission and the new one has an auto. What rear gears were in the trucks. Is one 2wd or 4wd?

Todd

99 V-10

View my Photos
Dana Trumpp

2002-10-20          44022

Both had a automatic tranny and 4WD with 354 rear ends. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login