Go Bottom Go Bottom

NH 134 Hydro Fluid Cross

View my Photos
Michael
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-06-17          17268

Has anyone crossed New Holland 134 hydro fluid? I spoke with my dealer (who isn't local) and he said that he couldn't ship it--that I'd have to find it locally. He said any 'hydro fluid with weight, 20.., 40..' should work. It wasn't until I went looking yesterday that I realized I didn't have enough information. Can anyone help?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

NH 134 Hydro Fluid Cross

View my Photos
KlayW in MI

2000-06-17          17270

I have found over the years that the words "should work" actually mean "not right." I would use the right stuff no matter who says it "should work." ....

NH 134 Hydro Fluid Cross

View my Photos
TomG

2000-06-18          17284

I've got a similar situation. My NH dealer is about two hours away, but an ARCO dealer is just under an hour. My NH dealer supplied a pail of F200 oil with the tractor. F200 is a multi-season version of 134. So, I made a mistake by picking up a pail of 134 last time I was there, and I want to avoid the big drive back just for the oil. As far as I know, couriers won't take oil.

I bought a pail of the multi-season trans/hyd oil from ARCO and plan to use it with the F200 for an oil change. My NH dealer said the F200 is compatible with the 134. Neither the ARCO oil nor the 134 a synthetic. This isn't a recommendation, just what I'm going to do unless somebody tells me it won't work.

Factory specs aside, quite a few people seem to use synthetics rather than a factory recommended petro oil. There is some controversy, but I haven't heard of anybody damaging anything.

If you're in a cold climate, you might want to give some thought of using a multi-season oil. ....

NH 134 Hydro Fluid Cross

View my Photos
Dave E

2000-07-13          17918

Try Aimsoil, synethic. It works great, less noise, less wear, etc. & it exceeds NewHolland specs.
Dave. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login