Go Bottom Go Bottom

fast and short review

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-11-23          100816

I have the tc 40 NH. I have about 3/4 tank of fuel in it of summer blend. What do I add and when I refil with winter blend do I do anything to that fuel. The tractor will sit most of the winter in sub freezing temps with out being run more than a few hours a month.
One more thing
How do you determine when or if you need to plug in your heater?
Thanks all

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

fast and short review

View my Photos
AV8R
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-11-23          100819

Your "summer blend" is probably #2, so top it off with kerosene and maybe some anti-gelling addative (any truck stop or farm supply store will have this), then you will be fine.

Use the block heater for an hour or two befor you are going to use the tractor when the temp gets below maybe 10-15° F. This will help the starting, but probably isn't totally necessary untill it gets below Zero. ....

fast and short review

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-11-23          100835

Hey thanks alot AV8, I thought I heard something about kerosene. I will do the anti gel agent to. So will the winter blend be good enough after I refil? Also should I keep it topped off for the winter or will it get bad if I dont use it soon enough? Which is worse, a half empty tank or fuel that may of sat for 3-4 months?
Thanks again ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login