Go Bottom Go Bottom

Has anyone received bogus ad responses

View my Photos
mikebrovey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-09-30          97418

I was just wondering if anyone has received any bogus or "shady" responses to "for sale" ads posted on TractorPoint.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
mikebrovey

2004-10-01          97471

Beware! I did some searching online and found out that this type of scam has been circulating around the world, with different names/places, but the same gist. This is the text of the email:

Hello ,
Thanks for the info you gave me,its really my chioce.Really is what i have been seraching for for the last 6 months.Thanks for everything also is just too lovely inshort i cant wait to see it.Pls help me take good proper care of it cos i belive by now its mine.But right now is new year and i can see that i finanaly got one.
Really i want you to pls send more pics if available and if not not to worry.
Also i will offer $ 500 for that and all i needed is ur assurance that is mine as from now cos am higly eager in seeint it pls dont respond to anybody again on 60" sweeper brush cos i am really ok with all the condition.
Pls as for the shipping i will handle that myself i shall contact my shipping agent to handle it.As for the payment am paying with a certified cashiers check which i belive is the best way and its really conviniet for me and i f u are ok with that get back to me today so that we could conclude on the payment.
I work as a Minner(people that extract mineral resoruces).I always come my home in The Bronbry,every 4 Months and travel back to my place of Work in Porto.
I am really glad that you want me to get the 60" sweeper brush
and i will be happy also when i get it really i am really eager to see it .

i will be the one to send the cheque to you and he said he
will be send the bank draft of $4,800 the remaining change out
of the $4,800 will send to my frieght fowarder through a wire
transfer, so as to enable my frieght forwarder to come and pi! ckup the
60" sweeper brush to my client destination, kindly corperate with me and i will be
looking forward to receive your home address and your phone number so
as for my client to send you the cheque as early as possible,,,

View my Photos
dsg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-01          97495

mikebrovey, I recieved two of those ads this summer. The Fed's are aware of this scam, but unsure if they can do much to stop them except for informing the public.

David ....

View my Photos
chipuren

2004-10-01          97496

These crooks are infiltrating ebay also. you can ususally spot them by the lousy English. I have been asked to accept cashier check and wire extra funds to travel agents, shipping agents or the friend the buyer owes some money to. I have had people say they are working for another buyer who will send the money, I presume including their finders fee but I never get that far with them.

Then there is the widow who'd murderd husband had $10million USD she wants to share it with you just to get it out of the country before the local govt takes it...But she needs all your banking info and must extract a token fee to make sure the banking is going to work...

The sad thing is that for this to be so common, somebody must be getting taken, or they would quit for lack of interest. ....

View my Photos
mikebrovey

2004-10-01          97499

I reported the guy to his e-mail domain administrator and on snopes.com, just to help get the word out. I guess they bank on the fact that there's a sucker born every minute. ....

View my Photos
jonesb

2004-10-03          97584

Just recieved a n exact copy of this e-mail. I'm waiting for my big pay-off[I just know I'm gonna make a sale]. tractorpoint has been targeted! Seller beware!!! Maybe if we all agree to 'go along' we can keep them to busy to make anything. The feds are not gonna take an active role!
We could wallpaper a clubhouse wall with cahiers checks. ....

View my Photos
cherymax
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-10-03          97586

I had to cut and paste this. It's easier to get the whole picutre by going to the link.

United States - Additional Country Specific Instructions - United States

1. The United States Secret Service continues to be tasked as the primary US law enforcement agency in dealing with Advance Fee Fraud (419) matters. US Citizens or Residents with No Financial Loss are asked to email 419er documents to the United States Secret Service at 419. (edited for tractorpoint compliance...) where they are archived for future datamining. Only No Loss reports are to be sent to this email address. Due to the sheer volume of materials received, USSS does not respond to submissions to this address.

2. United States Citizens and Residents who HAVE suffered a Financial Loss are instructed to contact the nearest Field Office of the United States Secret Service.

Link:   Nigeria - The 419 Coalition Website

View my Photos
mikebrovey

2004-10-03          97592

That's an excellent link. I'll send a copy of the e-mail to the "no loss" address. Thanks! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login