Go Bottom Go Bottom

Cub Cadet 7305

View my Photos
Brian P, Miller
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-09-24          42862

My Dad is interested in a JD 4210/4310/4410; I have come across this add recently, is it a good price and tractor?

FOR SALE: 1999/2000 CUB CADET 30 Hp. Diesel Tractor Model 7305 TRACTOR - Four wheel drive-Hydrostatic Low and High range Two speed PTO-All Hydraulics-Industrial Tires.
All deluxe controls, gauages and lighting system, power steering Cruise control, all safety eqpt.- ROPS 100 hrs. use.
476 LOADER dual cyl. used 2 hrs.
72 " Rearmount mower 3 pt. used 40 hrs.
6 ' Serated Disc used 20 min.
Backhoe 71/2 ' with subframe mounting system. used 60 hrs.
This eqpt. has always been stored inside. $21,000.00

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Cub Cadet 7305

View my Photos
Ted@Abbeywoods, LLC
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-09-24          42867

Dear Brian, based on my experience with Cub Cadet products I will say, at first glance, a great deal! Now I'll play "devil's advocate," and ask some tough questions. Most important, why is this much equipment for sale? Next, who is selling it, private or dealer? Do you know that its factory warranty is not transferable (it isn't)? Is the seller offering a warranty, and for how many hours/days? Do you know that MTD, the parent corporation has started moving away from the Mitsubishi designed and built 7000 series tractors (the 7305 is one) in favor of what I see is a much poorer American made machine? This may have an impact on MTD's desire to support the Japanese imports, then it may not, but it is worth thinking about. If you really like what you see, have an experienced compact tractor mechanic look it over. Make friends with a Cub Dealer.

A little correction to the ad, the 7305, like the 7275 before it, has a three speed gear box: high, mid, and low ranges. Not two as stated. Yes it may have two PTO's, mid and rear, and the mid was an option on that model. The tractor itself is an absolute gem, beautiful design and very reliable. The early Model 417 loader was much stronger than the 476 and was sold with a heavier gage bucket, it was also easier to take on and off. I don't like the 476. If the backhoe is the new 408 then it is a much better unit than the early 407. It is a very easy tractor to perform routine maintenance on, dreadful to do major surgery on because of the factory tools required.

To me, if all is in order, there ain't a heck of a lot of difference in the Cub's ability to do work and the JD's. Do you like yellow and white, or green? They are both swiss army knifes of the small tractor world. Good luck. Need to know more? I visit here often, just ask and we all will try to help. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login