Go Bottom Go Bottom

Cub Cadet 7274 specifications

View my Photos
matbro64
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-05-09          110859

I have a cubcadet 7274 and can,t find any information on this tractor like pto and engine horsepower or the year. the serial number is 20818 any ideas

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-05-09          110888

Those were 27 engine horsepower and were good tractors. I'd have to check the books to be exact on other info. How many hours? Any options? ....

View my Photos
matbro64

2005-05-10          110903

it has 974 hrs and a single remote valve it is a nice tractor and has a very friendly design to the platform and seating area very similiar to the new holland tractors. ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-05-11          110954

The books I've been using show them build in the late ninetys. They also show them at 27 pto horsepower. ....

View my Photos
Larry Lutz

2005-05-11          110955

I have one bought it new in 95 it has been (is) a great tractor my serial # is 20739 ....

View my Photos
farmer

2005-05-17          111173

I have a 7274 Cub Cadet w/loader and cab. Excellent tractor..starts well in the winter. Only problem that I have had with it is the starter not engaging when the key is turned...this is very erratic...other users have identified the a solution for this (it is listed in a previous posting). I mow 5 acres with my Cub and push snow in the winter...really like it. ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2005-05-17          111178

I have a 7275 which is the hydro version. I had the same problem with the starting issue. Larry Lutz helped me out with a wiring diagram. Love the tractor. Mine is either a '94 or '95 model year.

Be carefull about the loader mounting bolts loosening at the frame where it mounts to the motor. These loosen regularly. Some have had trouble with lifting too much and actually breaking the tractor at some motor mount flanges. Cadet made an up-grade that many don't know about which strengthens the frame work. I've just found out about it. Cadet sells this for roughly $70.00. The 417 loader was made by Woods and offers this upgrade for about $40.00. I've just inquired about this yesterday with my Cadet dealer and they are getting this on order for me. Hopefully I haven't caused any damage yet. The Cub-Cadet stiffener kit part number is WM51916, your local can cross it over to Woods.

My tractor has been pretty much bullet proof over the years. The fuel lines may rub through and leak which is the only other problem I've had. It is really a good tractor! ....

View my Photos
SANDFLATRANCH

2006-03-01          125372

My cub has the exact same problems..good info on the kit # it will order one asap...i can't find the fix on here for the no start and mine is doing it every time now..clicks but will not engage starter..if you keep trying it will start..very annoying...can someone help with this ? ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2006-03-02          125400

I am scanning the document and sending the wiring diagram as a private message to you. Adding a relay to the system did the job. If you are good with electrical stuff you can do this yourself. The relay is a Cub-Cadet part and it tells you where to connect the leads. I had my local dealership do it. They've done a whole bunch of them since and thanked me for the diagram.

If you have a front loader, get the mounting re-enforcement brackets. It doesn't work with the mid-mount mower like I have without substantial alteration. Our shop fixed mine up good.

Once in a while it still won't start immediately and you need to wiggle the rear PTO lever. Mine must vibrate a little during normal tractor use (without using the PTO) and the lever moves just slightly to lose contact. The PTO won't operate but the safety switch looses contact.

Also check your fuel lines for the full length. Mine rubbed in a couple of places and started leaking. I slipped sheathing over them at contact points.

These are excellent tractors and have a great size to weight ratio with big/wide front tires. ....

View my Photos
SANDFLATRANCH

2006-03-02          125401

THANK YOU VERY MUCH..THAT IS GOOD HELPFUL INFO..I AM SURE I CAN HANDLE THE WIRING JOB MYSELF..I DON'T HAVE A CUB DEALER ANYWHERE CLOSE TO ME ANYWAY. I DO ALOT OF WORK ON MY AND ALL MY NEIGHBORS TRACTORS AND EQUIPMENT..BUT THIS CUB NO START HAD ME BAFFELED TO SAY THE LEAST..I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP.. ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2006-03-02          125407

I just found it and am sending it to your private email through tractorpoint. Will take only a couple of minutes. ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2006-03-02          125410

Private messaging doesn't allow me to send an attachment. You can contact me from my message and I'll get it to you. ....

View my Photos
SANDFLATRANCH

2006-03-02          125416

OK i sent you a message from my private e-mail..go ahead and send to me there..thanks alot ....

View my Photos
Chipper

2006-03-02          125421

You should check your bolts for the motor mounts, The 727X and 723X tractors the bolts work loose and it eventually cracks the engine blocks,This will be very costly. ....

View my Photos
SANDFLATRANCH

2006-03-02          125423

thanks i noticed one of my bolts is already missing and i tightened all the others..its where my loader mounts to the engine frame, are there engine mount bolts to check also ?

View my Photos
Woodie

2006-03-26          126678

My first tractor was a used 7274 serial#20946 with 417 FEL if I remember 730 hrs. For the 3 1/2 yrs I had it, it was a Good tractor, moved an immense amount of fill and top (result- pit 8'deep 20'wide by 40 long for fill) blew snow, brush hogd. When I bought from dealer(non cub) said he cover most minor problems first thirty days Had electrical trouble from gitgo. Battery cable had corroded internal back from battery connector.well that happen two weeks after purchase-dealer kept telling me is was the interlock-'wiggle the sticks', problem which even when everything was working order was a pain at times. Another problem encountered is near end of front axle housing where the axle trns dwnward (cant think of proper name) there are 6 bolts attach mine had the lower twoheads snapped off by previous owner (i didn't see when buying- no leaks or signs of) when it busted the remaining 4 bolt heads that was a $2k repair bill (pinion, ring etc etc.)from an authorized Cub dealer 40 miles away and my landscape project sat idle for 2 /1/2 months( Didn't have the facility and big tools and confidence/courage to do myself). The last problem developed and last straw(per wife and 'her' check book) was the starter, wouldn't start, check circuits had starter checked all okay working order got it to start and parked it, thats when wife took me shopping for brand New tractor and traded "ole yeller" for Blue w/warranty. As to the extra support for FEL I called Cub direct to get info and cost as dealer couldn't get it end summer of 2003 I was told no longer available for 7274, glad someone has a lead for supportbrackets and alternate source. I didn't find TP forum until I had just bought new tractor. ....

View my Photos
spiffie

2006-07-13          132113

I also have a 7274 with the starter problem and would like to have the wiring diagram so i could fix mine. It would be greately appreciated thank you ....

View my Photos
SANDFLATRANCH

2006-07-14          132166

give me your e-mail address and i will pass it on to you ....

View my Photos
sreohr

2007-06-28          143318

Can someone send me the wiring diagram to add the relay to fix the the starting issue that several you were experiencing? I have a 7275 with the same issue and would love to fix it rather than shorting the starter with a screwdriver as I have been doing for the passed few months. ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2007-06-29          143320

I'm having one of my girls at the office scan the document and will forward it on to you as a private message. Also, don't forget to check the motor mounting bolts at the front sides as mentioned in other posts.

My 7275 has been an excellent tractor over the years. The wiring change makes it pop right away. I still at times need to hit the PTO lever since that safety switch sometimes breaks contact and won't allow it to turn over without a gentle wiggle.

View my Photos
Larry Lutz

2007-06-30          143336

I also have the "fix" diagram & part # if you require it
Larry ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2007-07-03          143397

Larry:
I passed on the information that you gave me a couple of years ago to fix my 7275. If we ever cross paths, I own you one! ....

View my Photos
sreohr

2007-07-13          143662

I wired in the relay last night. It works great, thanks for the wiring diagram!

BTW - The relay is BOSCH Part # 0332209150, and you can buy it a bit cheaper from most autostores (or online) as compared to buying it through MTD.

Steve ....

View my Photos
DZLDENNY

2007-08-05          144344

Hi All,
New to the group and saw this post. Whew! Could someone send me a diagram for the poor start condition? My 7235 has been clicking to start nearly every time since I bought it in May. Thanks. Hope to spend time here because I want to, not need to. Denny ....

View my Photos
jamesclos

2009-06-30          163745

Can you please help me with my starting issue on my 1996 7274 cub cadet. When the ignition key is turned you have to play with the position of the key before it starts. ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2009-07-01          163755

Please send an e-mail to badriver@badriverinc.com with your request. I will forward you a copy of the fix. ....

View my Photos
Larry Lutz

2009-07-06          163829

Hi
Yooper
Long time-just sent out a "fix" diagram myself to someone
Had a bolt shear on my "high low" range lever the other day
and that was not a fun fix
Larry ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2009-07-06          163833

Hi Larry:

I've passed on the diagram you sent me to dozens of people with the fix. It has worked perfectly! I haven't had any issues with my 7275 in years. I fixed the loading mounting bracket issue some years ago. Love the tractor!

Take care and thanks again! ....

View my Photos
tomwilli

2009-07-07          163879

Hi Guys,

Now this is odd. I have the problem with starting on my 7304. Sometimes will start right up and others it will just click and after trying a bunch of times, it will start.
I thought I needed the solenoid rebuilt but if there is another fix, would appreciate someone passing it on to me.

My CUB has been great.

Thanks and have a good one

Tom ....

View my Photos
Larry Lutz

2009-07-07          163881

Dont know if you have the same setup as mine but
email me @ larrywal1@yahoo.com and I will send you the
diagram ....

View my Photos
tomwilli

2009-07-08          163886

Hi,

Just sent you an email.

Thanks for the offer.

I posted here when I got it looking for other info that you guys were so kind to help out with.

Thanks
Tom ....

View my Photos
TxJoey

2011-05-14          178486

I am very interested in the document you are talking abt. Can you send to my email? ....

View my Photos
TxJoey

2011-05-14          178487

Could you send me the document that you got from yooperpete back in '06 on the Cub Cadet for the starting problem? ....

View my Photos
TxJoey

2011-05-14          178488

Could you send me the document that you got from yooperpete back in '06 on the Cub Cadet for the starting problem? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login