Go Bottom Go Bottom

Case 1270 1370 reviews needed

View my Photos
Erickson5006
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-08-21          187899

My wife and i are about to buy or first tractor. We will be mainly using it as a loader tractor, feeding 35 head of cows approx 3 round bales per day.

In an effort to limit startup costs, we are looking at an old 1270 at the moment. 70s series cases are common at auction sales around here, and can be bought with a loader for around 10,000. This specific one is advertised as having 3000 hours...but I'd suspect 13,000 is closer to the truth. Is this a worthwhile tractor?

I grew up operating case 2290s, and i like them. The only downside is the power shift, but this 70s series is a little bit different. Can i expect the same issues as a 90s series?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-09-03          187953

They look the same but there are some differences. With the changes of the season we found that they don't shift the same as the newer ones which can compensate for the difference of the oil temperatures. They are a larger tractor then whats needed for your list of chores but they are priced right. ....

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-09-08          187968

I bought a 1370 new in the early 1970's and put a lot of hours on it without a lot of issues. The most frequent problem I had was with the air conditioner. The roof had to come off the cab to work on it, the cab fans, also in the roof were a real bear to service. As the tractor aged the seals to the cab seemed to let dust into the AC system that plugged the drain hoses and the AC coil in the ceiling which resulted in water leaking from the ceiling of the cab, a real mess.

Frank. ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-09-13          187979

Back in the early days of air conditioning there were not any good ones! They have learned a lot at this point and are much more reliable then they were when first adding them to a tractor. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login