Go Bottom Go Bottom

women operators owners

View my Photos
JOANN EVANS
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-08-17          18912

Are there any women operators/owners out there who would share their tractor info. I have a new John Deere 4300 after using a Ferguson TO30 for 40 years. Quite a change! I am 71 years old, yet still find mowing a very pleasant chore.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

women operators owners

View my Photos
Jerri Neese

2000-08-17          18922

JoAnn,
Not sure what sort of information you are looking for, but I too am a woman and enjoy my little tractor alot. Have been using it for grading, clearing, augering, some back hoeing, digging and etc.. It is one handy tool and kind of a neat passtime to be out by yourself. I assume this is what you are talking about and congratultation for still being active and having fun :)
Jerri ....

women operators owners

View my Photos
JOANN EVANS

2000-08-20          19007

jerri, glad you responded to my request about women and tractors. You do many different tasks with your tractor and seem very comfortable using all the attachmnents. I only use a 6-foot blade and a 5-foot brush-hog. Have a wonderful old heavy blade that is spring loaded to change positions. I can pull the handle down and kick the blade to the proper setting. I like to keep the road smooth as possible. It(the road) is made up of mostly caliche with some gravel on it. The blade is hooked on to the old TO-30 and I seem able to keep the thing running by cleaning the old carburator now and then. My mower is attached to the new Deere 4300 with a front end loader - this way I don't have to change implements!!!!!! I am not very good w/the loader - haven't lost my fear when the front tires come off the ground! Still, it's wonderful for carrying heavy loads. Thanks for responding, Joann

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login