Go Bottom Go Bottom

R400 Kubota problems

View my Photos
dave27
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-04-16          53255

I use a R400 Kubota aticulated loader at work (nurserey), and ever since i have worked there the loader has had a problem with the inching/brake pedal. When you want to inch forward the pedal catches or "clicks" kinda. Its very difficult to move slowly forward in inches, usually it jerks forwards about three to six inches no matter how gentle you are. We have had our respective Kubota dealer out many times to fix it, the last time he put a whole new hyd. thingy? in and the next day in the field it was the same way. My boss ties a string to a piece of likage to hold it up and that works better but it does not last long. Also there is a noise from the drive train, like a tooth is missing from the pinion or something, when you are in second or third gear. We had that fixed as well, but to no avail...Its not the u-joints. Please help!!! The loader has over 4000 hours on it and is still strong(good maintence), Thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

R400 Kubota problems

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-04-17          53278

There are to many things going on with your tractor to make a good try at fixing it at this point. A service tech might be able to get you a little further. You could change parts some more and not get to much further and spend a lot of money. I would find someone that knows the machines well enough to do the whole job, not just change a few parts with there fingers crossed. I have several out and they are a good machine. ....

R400 Kubota problems

View my Photos
diesel dan

2004-03-09          79370

Congrats on a good site! On the same subject, i have just brought an R400 with transmission problems. It will crawl forward and back but no power (won't run up a ramp). I havn't got it home yet but if anyone has experienced this can you give me some ideas where to start? ....

R400 Kubota problems

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-10          79512

Dan, I'd be changing filters and oil first and then checking pressures if the problem still persists. Yours is one problem not many and it should be able to be found easily. ....

R400 Kubota problems

View my Photos
jcareyhomes

2005-03-27          108861

Dan,
Have you discovered what your problem is yet? I've got a R400 with similar problems.

Thanks
Ford Man ....

R400 Kubota problems

View my Photos
averal

2009-02-23          160539

Unfortunately this seems to be a weak spot on the R400's. I haven't gotten into it in great detail since I managed to fix mine by changing the hydraulic intake filter (a screen in the tank) and changing out all of the hydraulic fluid. I understand that it has to do with the charging pump to the main pump and parts can be a problem.

I have a problem of my own. I bought an R400 over the internet (sight unseen, pictures only, trusted a dealer, bad idea). It came with the front bucket removed and a bobcat type bucket installed on a home made quick attach. Whoever made the quick attach didn't know what they were doing and screwed up the geometry of the lift system. I sure would appreciate it if someone would contact me or tell me the distances from the lower hinge pin to the upper hinge pin on the factory bucket and any offsett from the vertical. It would also help to know the distance from pin to pin (centerline?) for the linkage from the tilt arm to the bucket assembly. Can anyone help ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login