Go Bottom Go Bottom

Power Trac PT-425

View my Photos
whtlightning
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-03-07          50742

I have owned a PT-425 for almost two years. This thing is a Godsend. The light weight allows me to traverse and smooth loose material the my NH TC-40 would just make worse. I have a large bucket, grapple bucket which is great for picking up tree limbs and brush,trencher which has dug all the water and sewer lines for our RV park. Also the 5' mower deck discharges out the rear which doesn't make a cloud of grass and dust to blow back in your face. The 4' brushhog handles up to about 1 1/4" material (buy the foam filled tires). The stump grinder works great, milling down stumps of any diameter. Of course, the bigger ones take longer. The auger head appears very strong. I only bought the 9" bit which could have been designed a little better to dig in harder soils. My only real complaints are the lack of information that comes with the machine and the fwd-rev pedel configuration which gives my ankles cramps after long periods of use. Also, the Kohler engine NEEDS the ability to retrofit the Kohler HD air cleaner. I have one of these on a mower and it's great. I just CAN'T figure out how to fit one on the PT and still lift the engine cover. I'd suggest upgrading the front tires to 4 or 6 ply. Overall an A-, good machine!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Power Trac PT-425

View my Photos
Wish I Had A Power T

2003-03-08          50752

Go to the power trac web site

www.power-trac.com

click on the links section, and check out the message board listed. They will help you with your question.

Power Trac PT-425

View my Photos
marrt

2003-08-13          61785

Regarding the HD air cleaner, I wanted to install one on my 425 as well but determined it would not fit. However, Enginaire makes a prefilter kit for the Kohler that works perfectly. I put one on and now go 40 hours before I clean the foam filter, vs about 8 hours before. Even at the 40 hour mark, its still clean and could go much longer. However, I change my oil and air filter at the same time I change the hydraulic filter (which is a little earlier than Power-Trac recommends). ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login